Thieves and Sharks to 'create' a uniform for HRH wedding. £5 to charity for top try

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by BuggerAll, Feb 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Apparently Thieves and Sharks are 'creating' a uniform for HRH to wear on the big day.

I'm slightly surprised that he doesn't already have every conceivable uniform he could possibly feel comfortable wearing.

From a aesthetic POV I think his tinbelly rig would take some beating but given that he is currently serving as a crab you would think that crabs up and down the land will be highly insulted if he chooses not to go down the isle in a blue grey poly/wool mix suit. As these are issue one wonders what Thieves and Sharks input will be.

Or perhaps by 'create' it means they are going to invent a one off uniform. Some sort of tri-service rig.

I will donate a prize of £5 which the winner can donate to the service charity of their choice for the best uniform creation they can design for HRH's big day.

2. give him FAD to wear with crab air buttons and a sailors hat

3. Given the state of the MOD at the moment perhaps a Sandbag would a be better option

4. What about this little number?

Attached Files:

5. His Battle of Jubbly Medal would clash

6. Perhaps there'll be a refreshing break from tradition, and he'll wear a dress?

7. Novel concept.

I always thought this was a nice little number, as dresses go. Good to keep it 'family' orientated too:

[​IMG]

On the other hand, I think Kate would look positively spiffing in full-dress uniform.

8. Crab flightsuit with all the bells and whistles that come with it and flying helmet with visor down. Very spiffing

9. RAF uniform in natural fibres - a one off job.

He must be gutted - walk up the aisle as a Life Guard or Crab? No wonder Gieves have been given the challenge of pimping it.

If he got his aircraft captain in (unlikely if he's colourblind) then he might get an AFM for plucking someone off a mountain to go with the Cadbury's Jubilee Medal?

10. :omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

11. Saucer of milk, V_M?

12. Oooh!! bitchy. Don't worry, it won't clash with yours. ^_~

13. Nah, I just know some of the tribal politics behind the scenes. I rather feel sorry for the bloke, what with it being his day...

14. Does he not hold an RN rank like the rest of them? If so, as the senior service, he should wear their uniform - not as good as a nice Cav uniform but infinitely better than a pale-blue-with-white-socks-off-the-shelf-number.

15. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

I imagine this is about synthesising a fancy dress Crab 'full dress' like that worn by their bandsmen. Another RAF tradition is born!

Problem perhaps of being outshone by his baby brother in full H Cav rig.

Commentator: "The groom now moves quietly sideways to join the bride .."