Thief released after only 9 weeks - wonder why he gets preferential treatment?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bazzinho1977, Sep 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

• Like Like x 1
  2. Not bad that, who says crime doesn't pay.
  3. Perhaps the authorities were concerned that the other inmates .... sorry PC slip ... " Customers " .. would not get thoroughly tainted by association .

Edited to add .... it really does make a mockery of the whole justice system .... in this case the bigger the crime the smaller the time .
  4. Sorry, Yin, don't know what I was thinking. I have given my head a wobble now.
  5. Simples,fill the prisons with looters who stole bottles of water or accepted a pair of shorts and then get your mates out because of overcrowding................job done.
  6. I love his grounds for appeal "It was ok to fiddle expenses 'cos everyone else was was at it too". Shame it didn't succeed so the rioters could have claimed the precedent. The Mong should have got an extra 6 months for impersonating someone intelligent enough to sit in Parliament.

I do think a custodial sentence was inappropriate though, it would have been better to take back a very large chunk of the money he's had out of the system.
  7. Just stop paying MPs at all, the way it used to be. That'll weed out those who are only in it for the money. Or go the whole hog and introduce martial law.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. #

The whole hog is revolution. Clean slate, new faces.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Lord Taylor, another one of the crooks has also been released, after serving less than 4 months of his 12 month sentence.

And we see Italian politics as being corrupt????
  10. For all the problems with the PRC's legal system, at least they get to shoot these *****.
  11. The day that the BBC ask a politician for the source of his wealth will be the day I start buying a Licence fee.
    How can such no hopers make so much money shortly after leaving Parliament?
  12. And make sure that only the rich get to run the country.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Huh, different shaped bottle, same old piss. Cynical,Moi?
    • Like Like x 1
  14. He shouldn't hav ebeen in nick anyway... hardly a danger to society.

Digging out canals and scrubbing spit off pavements 2 hours a day, 8 on weekends and bank holidays for a good 5 years yes, prison no.