ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Thicko question from me......

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Salford-Vera, Dec 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. What are the phones called that you use for example from say a guard post to a guard room. I recall cutting loads of lines once years ago pissed up on exercise with some spams, just cant remember what type of phone they were. Are they called relay phones or somert??

    Sorry if this sounds like an utterly shyt question......
  2. Not being a Driver Binman, I only ever called them 'field phones' :?
  3. Quite possibly, just thought they was something else.

    Sorry for wasting yer time fella.
  4. field Telephones...............
  5. AAGF


    Field phones - DON10 rings a bell ...
  6. why would you want to know anyway
  7. Spanish_Dave

    Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

    Tele L, Tele J, PTC 404, PTC 405
  8. What did it look like? Brown or green? Crank handle to ring or push button?

    AAGF = DON10 is the two core cable...
  9. Is it? Never.............. :roll:
  10. wooooooooooooooooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................................ :oops:
  11. actually you are both wrong, 2 copper one steel

    that makes three you mongs
  12. Thanks for that you spotter.

    Who cares? :roll:
  13. GEt something wrong and then try and blow it off as being uninportnt