• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Thick Question / Upper Age Limit

#1
Sorry lads for sounding a bit thick but when they say the upper age limit is 43 do they mean once you hit 43 you are too old, or so long as you are below 44 you can still apply to join.
 
#2
Sig_Sharky said:
Sorry lads for sounding a bit thick but when they say the upper age limit is 43 do they mean once you hit 43 you are too old, or so long as you are below 44 you can still apply to join.
I think it is under 44 on attestation but I might be totally wrong.

It has been posted here before but might be hard to find.

Sorry not to be more help. Good luck.
 
#3
According to the 4 Para website, you can join up to age 44 if you have previous military experiance. I believe this now applies to all TA Units(with the exception of UKSF Reserve, who only recruit up to age 34).

Best of luck. :)
 
#4
Sig_Sharky said:
Sorry lads for sounding a bit thick but when they say the upper age limit is 43 do they mean once you hit 43 you are too old, or so long as you are below 44 you can still apply to join.
Ask at your local unit.

If they say no, then have a look at the Cadets - they are always after AIs.

msr
 
#6
I believe it to be 1 day short of your 44th birthday regardless of previous military experience but some units may be a little different depending on role.

Although I did hear a rumour a little while ago that that may be changing again.
 
#7
Toysoldier_1967 said:
I believe it to be 1 day short of your 44th birthday regardless of previous military experience but some units may be a little different depending on role.

Although I did hear a rumour a little while ago that that may be changing again.
In what way? Age limit extended or all units to have the same age limit?
 
#9
Werewolf said:
According to the 4 Para website, you can join up to age 44 if you have previous military experiance. I believe this now applies to all TA Units(with the exception of UKSF Reserve, who only recruit up to age 34).

Best of luck. :)
UKSF(R) will accept Support Staff(Drivers, Clerks etc)over the age of 34.
 
#10
Age limit for no previous military experience - 43 you need to be attested before you turn 44

Age limit with previous military experience - 56

Not sure what the 56 yr old signs but those up tp 43 sign the same contract as everyone else
 
#11
wellyhead said:
Age limit for no previous military experience - 43 you need to be attested before you turn 44

Age limit with previous military experience - 56

Not sure what the 56 yr old signs but those up tp 43 sign the same contract as everyone else
Is that for ALL Units? And if so, when did it change :?
 
#13
msr said:
Sig_Sharky said:
Sorry lads for sounding a bit thick but when they say the upper age limit is 43 do they mean once you hit 43 you are too old, or so long as you are below 44 you can still apply to join.
Ask at your local unit.

If they say no, then have a look at the Cadets - they are always after AIs.

msr
Or try RAF Reserves. :wink: They recruit up to 50 year old.
 

Latest Threads