Theyve pinched our plans!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by old_fat_and_hairy, Oct 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Reading about the case of the plod slotting the Brazilian on the tube. It seems he had been taking cocaine. Now, I seem to recall that on here it was mooted that in a world in which we had power, foreign immigrants and drug users would be shot.
    Have they pinched our plans?

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

The Mets chief goes by the name of Blair so it wouldn't surprise me if he nicked other peoples ideas.

More importantly how can a student afford to buy charlie. They constantly drip about how poor they are and their inadequate student grants. Lying to$$ers, or do they get student discount?

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Well, if the guy was a: an immigrant, and b: a junkie, then perhaps he should have been slotted anyway, albeit he was actually shot for the wrong reasons, the end result is equally valid is it not?

In answer to the question: Plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery.

4. old_fat_and_hairy

Only if we get royalties on it, or it flatters us not.
    Once the Elf'n'Safety hearing is over will they turn their sights on chavs, hoodies and beggars?
    Although begging is an offence under the Vagrancy Act, I'm not sure it carries the death penalty. Still, this government has produced some 30,000 new laws over last ten years, another amendment won't hurt.

5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Do we have a royalties collection association a la PRS? If not, why not?

Perhaps the ARRSERAID? ARRSE Royalties And Interlectual Department

6. 307

307 War Hero

Why have the officers involved been given aliases and had their faces hidden behind screens, is that normal procedure for armed officers? Or just because they fear retribution for this particular case or something does anyone know?

7. old_fat_and_hairy

Entirely normal for authorised shots, but becoming common for a lot of other things too.
    It is to preserve persec for future operations, and to prvent crank calls to their homes. And keep the press away.

8. ...and c: here illegaly (his student visa had run out)

9. old_fat_and_hairy

Then he deserved everything he got! Foreign, a cokehead, and a student! Ticked all the boxes.

10. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

aaaannndd D: Resisting being shot.

Edited to add: unsuccesfully.

11. old_fat_and_hairy

The barstarrrd! How dare he? Comes to our country. Stays illegally, does coke, is a student and foreign, then has the temerity to resist being shot!
    Why, in my day, we would have been queing up for that. Rationing,y'know! Couldn't get shot if you wanted to. Didn't see a banana until I was 15 and it was one egg yolk between 23 of us!

12. Don't forget E:Travelling in a built up area and that ultimate crime of all F:Looking at me in a funny way...

PS not ARRSERAID, surely ARRSERIP...Royalties and intellectual property?

13. old_fat_and_hairy

More effective than a fixed penalty ticket or an asbo.

14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I understand the the rate of repeat offending is very low indeed. Has to be worth some consideration by HM gobment.

SPLITARRSE? Society for Protection of Legally Incurred Tarrifs by Army Rumour Service

15. The question is why was he shot around 10 times?

Did the copper have a stoppage?