Theyre free!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Goatman, Apr 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Given that Aunty are right now reporting the Celestial Navigator's measured words thanking everyone involved - can we talk about this now PTP ?!

Great news. I'm guessing they'll get some decompression time.

Grace a Dieu.

Lee Shaver

2. Wonderful news for the 15, their families, and the nation!

Freedom with dignity; and an answer to prayer.

3. About time.

Good news at last.

4. Wonderful news! My thoughts remain with them and their loved ones, emotions will be running high for quite some time...

Still trying to get my head around how this happened, given the incident in 2004. My thoughts are simply that TCB wants to do too much with too little and hasn't even the faintest regard for the lives he puts at risk to do it. I hope he and some choice others rot in Hell, PDQ. :evil:

5. Splice the mainbrace ! :party: :party: :party:

6. I'm writing you up for an OBE Princess Pongo, the release is entirely down to you stopping arrse from discussing the event, unlike the rest of the world that did.

Glad they're safe.

7. Well thank fcuk for that. Excellent news for the 15, good news for the UK as a whole too.
    Im both pleased and relieved it has ended this way.

However, Im feel much better when they are back in British hands.

P.S, can we slag Iran off now? :D

8. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Later, dear boy. Wait until they are actually out of there, and we are sure that no others are about to go in there ... then we may make some disparaging remarks.

For now, let us raise a corporate glass and wish them all safe home. ^^\'

9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Cheers. Very happy they are on their way home safe and sound.

10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Bet they never thought they would be influencing the price of oil though - according to CNN :D Good on them though.

11. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Glad to see Des Browne chipped in his six-pennyworth.

I'm sure he contributed enormously to proceedings.

12. "And to the Iranian people I would simply say this, we bear you no ill will. On the contrary, we respect Iran as an ancient civilisation, as a nation with a proud and dignified history and the disagreements that we have with your government we wish to resolve peacefully, through dialogue. I hope, as I have always hoped, that in the future we are able to do so."

http://www.number-10.gov.uk/output/Page11436.asp

Discuss. I am too busy being sick.

13. Very good news that they're on their way home :D