Theyre fireing, Sir!!!!

Help, The Royal Navy are shooting at us!!!

HORRIFIED charter boat skipper Dave Gibson told today how missiles whizzed over his head as he took a group of police officers fishing.He feared his boat was caught up in a Royal Navy live firing exercise and described how the sky crackled from the force of the missiles.

Mr Gibson, who had taken a party of nine Wiltshire police officers wreck fishing on his boat Lady Godiva from Weymouth, feared he might be hit and raced off at full speed. He is now demanding an inquiry and wants reassurances from the authorities it will not happen again.

He said: "It was incredibly unnerving. We were all very frightened.

"If we had been hit and sunk to the bottom I imagine it would have been dismissed as one of life's little mysteries."

"The missiles would have been a few hundred feet above us but they were close enough. The question is why didn't the Navy warn us when they knew we were in the area. It's a rather cavalier attitude to have."

He added: "This happened a few years ago and questions were asked in the House of Commons.

"I want them to have a policy which states they will take action against any ship commander that allows this to happen."

Mr Simmonds said: "We were in the middle of nowhere when a missile came flying past.

"If it had been any closer I could have read the writing on the side.

"I tried to play it down a bit because the people on board had no idea what was happening.

"It was frightening."
My bold, about the only thing he says that seems to be about right, given the Royal Navys statement on the whole affair....

A Royal Navy spokesman denied there was live firing taking place in the area.

He said: "It was planned but it didn't happen in the end.

I thought the Navy stopped live firing years ago. They couldn't afford the ammo so gunners were told to shout "BANG" when they pressed the big red button.

Anytime I've been past Lulworth or HMS Cambridge (before the current policy) firing days were clearly marked with red flags. If you did run the gauntlet the shots were so far overhead the only thing they would have scared were the shyte hawks. Me thinks Mr Gibson doth protest too much, windy cnut.

Mr Gibson, who had taken a party of nine Wiltshire police officers wreck fishing on his boat Lady Godiva from Weymouth, feared he might be hit and raced off at full speed. He is now demanding an inquiry and wants reassurances from the authorities it will not happen again.
I suppose he's claiming it was naked aggression.

And I suppose somebody will be sent to Coventry over this.

Mr Simmonds said: "We were in the middle of nowhere when a missile came flying past.
You've got to admire his navigation skills.

Got to admire his eyesight....

"If it had been any closer I could have read the writing on the side."

A Royal Navy spokesman denied there was live firing taking place in the area.

He said: "It was planned but it didn't happen in the end.

While I have every respect for the Dorset Echo, the following headline greatly amused me to say the least.

Pagans suffer ritual abuse

I did think of putting the pagans up aswell, but I thought it was a bit boring.

B

Biscuits_AB

mistersoft said:
While I have every respect for the Dorset Echo, the following headline greatly amused me to say the least.

Pagans suffer ritual abuse
Anybody who dresses up like that at the weekend needs abusing. There's no way that I would be able to hold it in. I would be positively bursting with abuse....the 'No God' c*nts.

nah, each to their own, AB. they might be a bit cracked, but they seem harmless enough. let em get on with it so long as they keep it to themselves. i've not read the headline yet that involved a top druid encouraging his underlings to go blow up infidel westerners on buses, planes and trains....

There's nothing wrong with Druids. It's just the circles they move around in.

boom, boom!!!

Is there leader called "getafix" by anychance?

B

Biscuits_AB

Machristo said:
nah, each to their own, AB. they might be a bit cracked, but they seem harmless enough. let em get on with it so long as they keep it to themselves. i've not read the headline yet that involved a top druid encouraging his underlings to go blow up infidel westerners on buses, planes and trains....
You'll not be saying that when they have your garden over with a plague of locusts.

Howling at the moon isn't the only thing these people get up to you know. Some of them are Morris Dancers.

Yes but sadly no corners to hang around.