"They use my bathroom"

US mixed race couple denied marriage licence

Louisiana justice of peace says he refused to marry mixed race couple out of concern for children they might have

A Louisiana justice of the peace said he refused to issue a marriage licence to an interracial couple out of concern for any children the couple might have.

Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa parish, said it was his experience that most interracial marriages did not last long.

"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell said. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."

Bardwell said he asked everyone who called about marriage if they were a mixed race couple. If they were, he did not marry them....
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/oct/16/mixed-race-couple-marriage-licence

Genius.

Nice to see the KKK are still alive and kicking in the US of A.

Well, me and the misses have been together nearly 30 years now.

Alsacien

MIA
Rumpelstiltskin said:

Louisiana justice of peace says he refused to marry mixed race couple out of concern for children they might have

A Louisiana justice of the peace said he refused to issue a marriage licence to an interracial couple out of concern for any children the couple might have.

Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa parish, said it was his experience that most interracial marriages did not last long.

"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell said. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."

Bardwell said he asked everyone who called about marriage if they were a mixed race couple. If they were, he did not marry them....

Genius.
Piles? Only dead folks can get effectively "piled".......

You have to love the advertising bods on Arrse. Below this article about mixed race couples on a british armed forces website, an article for meeting Thai women.

Once again, well done to the Admin team.

He probably has a covert cctv camera in the bathroom.

(P.S. I think those adverts are a random thing,that come around when triggered by keywords.So don't give the boys and girls in Admin a hard time.I could be totally wrong of course!)

Louisiana is deep south- but even so I am a little surprised. I wouldnt have been 20 years ago but I am today.

Does remind me of that bit on Jamie Olivers USA cooking show when he asked a bunch of trailer park rednecks in Georgia (who were sitting drinking in front of a back-drop of a large conferderate battle flag) if they were Obama supporters. He thought their reply was a tad racist but it would surely have been a lot worse if the TV cameras hadnt been there!

Every time I hear about these old Southern boys and their quaint ways, all I get is a mental picture of Colonel Sanders.

I wonder if he sits at the front of the bus? :p

Alsacien said:
Rumpelstiltskin said:

Genius.
Piles? Only dead folks can get effectively "piled".......

So he's got Haemorrhoids then, and he thinks they're infectious? :?

:)

vvaannmmaann said:
(P.S. I think those adverts are a random thing,that come around when triggered by keywords.So don't give the boys and girls in Admin a hard time.I could be totally wrong of course!)
Ah right. I thought they were actually being incredibly subtle comic geniuses. Maybe that was asking too much.

vvaannmmaann said:
He probably has a covert cctv camera in the bathroom.

You might see when a page loads that google.analytics.com (or something like that) shows up so yes, the adverts are linked to certain keyboards in the posts.

Which is why in certain threads where 'diversity' was being 'discussed' that adverts for Gay Cruises kept on showing up. Unless they know something about me that I don't. :lol:

As long as you love each other ,The colour of your skin should not even come in to marraige, And this gentleman as no right to impose his views on other couples

gawwwd damned miscegenation :) (which (I think) is the technical term).

Lots of the Southern states had anti-miscegenation laws.

The "it's the kids I feel sorry for" line particularly amuses me. The only chance you have of avoiding genetic problems is to be mixed "race" (not that there are defined races).

I've got blue eyes. I'm the descendant of a bunch on inbred Northern European ice dwellers, with hardly any non-nordic ancestors for thousands of years (brown eyes are dominant).

Aside from endurance, cold tolerance and a ready wit :D I can't see that I've benefited from being "pure" (a.k.a. inbred to buggery).

classic said:
And this gentleman as no right to impose his views on other couples
.....but 'e is singular!

classic said:
As long as you love each other ,The colour of your skin should not even come in to marraige, And this gentleman as no right to impose his views on other couples
chubb chubbery, chubb chubbery, chubb chubb churoo
fuck off you chubbstick your clack smells of poo

chubb chubbery, chubb chubbery, chubb chubb churee
you're a rancid old whore and you're riddled with vd

aye thengyow and guten nacht

classic said:
He isnt. They are perfectly free to get married by another Justice of The Peace! The couples in question have no "right" to be married by him and he is entitled to his opinion and to follow his conscience in who he marries.

Just like I, as a divorced ex-protestant (now non-christian) would not expect to be welcomed with open arms if I asked the pope to marry me to a good catholic girl.

Alsacien

MIA
classic said:
Too lazy to bother with an avatar this week I see Chub.

You aint seen nothing yet.

About 10 years ago, Barnetts Creek Baptist Church in Georgia tried to exhume the body of a dead baby from their whites only graveyard. Shortly after the burial, it was discovered that the baby's father was black, whereupon the good Christians grabbed their shovels and ran to the cemetery.

If anybody fancies giving the Church a ring, they're on 00 229 226 2832. Do ask if you can buy a 'his 'n' his' burial plot for you and your civil partner. Also ask if they wouldn't mind having a crescent on the head stone as your same sex spouse is a Muslim and it would mean such a lot to his relatives when they come over from Somalia to visit the grave.

Probably best not to mention that many top history boffins reckon that Jesus and the apostles were nearer black than white. I have this vision of canutes from the deep south/BNP/KKK turning up at the pearly gates to find St Peter smoking a joint and with his dreadlocks tucked in to a rasta hat.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B_AND_T The NAAFI Bar 12
W The NAAFI Bar 5
Proximo The NAAFI Bar 2