• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

They Speak English In London?

Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder has admitted not knowing people speak English in London.

The NFL player might want to check a map before he gets on board a plane for Sunday's prestige game against the New York Giants at Wembley Stadium.

Crowder, who comes from Atlanta in Georgia, may be praised on the field, but confessed geography was not his strong point.

He admitted he did not know until now where London was - or that Londoners spoke English.

"I couldn't find London on a map if they didn't have the names of the countries," he said.

"I swear to God. I don't know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I learned that."

Crowder added: "I know (Washington Redskins linebacker) London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him.

"That's the closest thing I know to London. He's black, so I'm sure he's not from London. I'm sure that's a coincidental name."

The Miami Dolphins are play the New York Giants at Wembley this Sunday in the first NFL regular-season game to be played outside the United States.

FFS :roll:

Crowder added: "I know (Washington Redskins linebacker) London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him.

"That's the closest thing I know to London. He's black, so I'm sure he's not from London. I'm sure that's a coincidental name."
Boy, is he in for a surprise. :D Perhaps Ian Wright and Paul Sackey would like to give him an introductory tour?

B

Biscuits_AB

theoriginalphantom said:
Only some people in London speak English.
And some don't, particularly around train stations:

"HuvyegoatfiftypeefurrahcuppoteeJim?"

"Awcomoanpahl-ahwizonlykiddin"

"AhmfaeGlesga!"

"Whutur-yoolookinat-yebam?"

"Cannakerry-yerbagspahl?"

They sound distictly Germanic.

Biscuits_AB said:
theoriginalphantom said:

"AhmfaeGlesga!"

Don't mock the good folk of Glasgow, a bottle of bucky's not just for drinking...

Biscuits_AB said:
theoriginalphantom said:

"AhmfaeGlesga!"

:clap:

Not many nowadays. This is the judgement I make from my four 10 minute walks, four tube journeys and two bus journeys every day.

Great Immigration Regime (Prop: T.'The Spiv' Bliar).

ViolentBadger said:
Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder has admitted not knowing people speak English in London.

The NFL player might want to check a map before he gets on board a plane for Sunday's prestige game against the New York Giants at Wembley Stadium.

Crowder, who comes from Atlanta in Georgia, may be praised on the field, but confessed geography was not his strong point.

He admitted he did not know until now where London was - or that Londoners spoke English.

"I couldn't find London on a map if they didn't have the names of the countries," he said.

"I swear to God. I don't know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I learned that."

The Miami Dolphins are play the New York Giants at Wembley this Sunday in the first NFL regular-season game to be played outside the United States.

Guess who went to college on a football scholarship? Education for the gifted......or not as it happens.
It does go to prove a point that you can be rich and thick :p

fastmedic

semper said:
perhaps this game will improve geographic awareness for the Yanks
I've heard the Yanks use war as a geography class. Has Bush got plans to invade the UK now? The ungrateful bastard, after all the help he's had off of us in the past few years in the Sandy Places.
Just because Bottler Brown won't toe the line like Bliar did.

theoriginalphantom said:
ghost_us said:
Scary part is this guy is making millions.
Why is it scary? He isn't in charge of International Affairs/Nuclear Weapons he is a sportsman ffs.
But the guy who IS didn't know that there were black people in Brazil (more than in the US, as it happens) and asked the Brazilian president if there were. :roll:

ViolentBadger said:

I wonder if he knows, that other than his mate's first name being "coincidental", his sirname means, roughly "someone who puts feathers on arrows"......

Latest Threads