They might go up diddly up-up, but they are still w......

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by mysteron, Aug 17, 2007.

?
  1. Yes, yes, they are

50.0%
  2. No, they are highly skilled aviators here to save the country

50.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Lets put this in context. Here I am working from home and suddenly, just 5 mins ago, do a pair of Typhoons (allegedly to be renamed Buffoons) fly over the house at relatively low level (500ft or so - enough for me to see the pylons clearly) and start conducting dogfighting manouevres. This lasted about 5mins and they pi$$ off again.

Loud, obnoxious tw@ts do it over the Atlantic not the coast line, is what I say. The dog has gone nuts and I have just been asked by those I was on a conference call with if the Russians are coming.......

So, are they a bunch of ******* for showboating over the coastline or is it vital that they show the great British public that Buffoons are not a complete waste of cash?

2. Well they're kind of on the same team and they need to practice somewhere. Fast jets, the sound of freedom or some such.

Good god I've just defended the RAF 8O

3. No , they're not buffoons . Thye're training to save your sorry @sse if the s**t ever hits the fan. Unfortunately practising over the water doesn't train them for fighting where they'll be needed if they are. I'm amazed that anyone on a military site is incapable of understanding that.

4. mysteron

Obviously the Isle of Man has not quite picked up the concept of satire.

Still, it doesn't stop them being obnoxious w@nkers in the bar..........

5. craftsmanscock is a stupid obnoxious w@nker and thats before he's even had a drink. :wink:

6. Annoying as hell, but it's necessary. I'm lucky (?) enough to live on Salisbury Plain. The RAF/RN(Not sure on this one)/AAC all play with their helicopters directly over my line of houses, you can hear fast air often, see AT regularly, hear artillery, and hear soldiers playing.

Sends me to sleep, so it does.

7. Mysteron mate they are allowed to come down to 250ft anywhere over UK, suggest you stick in a complaint or better still say you're para-gliding or flying a micro-light from your back garden and the powers that be will stick a NOTAM over your humble abode. BTW it should be called 'Euro-fantasy'!!! :wink:

8. on the plain it will mostly be AAC and RAF arrsing about
    not far from there meself and the C130's use my house as a nav point on rock polishing runs in towards the DZ's I dont mind the noise I just hope no one luzzes a sick bag out the door as they go over (or lose a landrover for that matter) :pale:

9. mysteron

Ahh Soprano54, long time no hear (must be the noise of those jet engines)!!

Well every day is a learning day, I was not aware that they had 250ft clearance pan UK. I'll just say that they nearly hit my stunt kite that is in my back garden (that's the beach BTW) ;)

"Euro-Fantasy" or EuroTrash? :O

10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

meh. If you ever have the privelige of visiting Gods Own Country and take a walk up Simonside or in the Cheviots you'll probabally see these flying wedges poodling about, either doing a run into the Otterburn ranges or just farting about with each other.

By the time you hear them they're a mile ahead, so you learn to look ahead of the noise. And if you're up in the hills and you cant see them above, look down.

Its belting to see something the size of a small house hacking along the bottom of a valley below you.

So, whether or not the driver is a w@nker dont signify. They're big, they're fast, they're noisy and they're ours.

That'll do me.

11. mysteron

The IronDuke - God's Country? Do you mean Devon? I thought Otterburn was in some Northern backwater...... ;)

12. How do you know if there's a pilot in the bar?............................................

He'll tell you :)

13. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Damn and Blast, Sir.

In leafy Surrey I used to be disturbed in the early morning by soldiers shooting rifles ... I say RIFLES, Sir ... on Pirbright Ranges.

Why couldn't they do that out at sea?

Harrumph.

Disgusted of Camberley

14. mysteron

That is what Royal is for...... :p

15. All pilots are obnoxious gits. What's the difference beween an aircraft engine and a pilot? The engine stops whining after it's landed.

You could always put in a low flying complaint Mysteron, just 'phone up your nearest RAF unit and shout obsceneties at whoever picks up.