They got it right about the tank for once

Ah but not so much room for the tankie in a dizzy T. Astonishing machines nontheless.
Aye. We always had MSO crews, they made you sit in the middle, roasting and dropping orf over four or five of the gearboxes. Those buggers could drive. They also had a few old V twin Indians, wouldn't let me have a go.

I know he spent 5 years in Germany in the early 60s, not much use I'm afraid. ;)

Wasn’t a car driver done for dangerous driving over that?
Can't remember for sure, but I think so. They tended to drive like twats around section regularly. It is the area my mate on the speed camera team took his unit out for the day, set up, poured his coffee out of the flask, then turned the camera on expecting to be there for a half day, and the camera was full in around 5 minutes. They never went back there, just let the traffic get on with it, sometimes if you interfere with the natural order of things you just create a problem.

Last edited:
My late dad used to drive these when he was in the RASC (pre RTC)
Small World - If he was ever in Fally I probably got Convoy Cock in the same cab as your dad :oops:

One of the few blind spots on an Antar was right in front of the bonnet.
What do you mean ONE of the FEW?
The Bonnet was the least of your worries how about,the passenger side down low, the tiny little mirrors, seeing beyond the Bivvy was useless and you could only see the trailer because it was slightly wider than the head unit or when going around a bend. And for shits and giggles try hurtling a fully loaded Ta-Ta into a Rest Stop at 31.5 mph only to find you left the hand throttle on as you get to the first bend for the Truck Stop, I decided that becoming a laughing stock was the better option and went straight on through the Car Park instead.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Can't remember for sure, but I think so. They tended to drive like twats around section regularly. It is the area my mate on the speed camera team took his unit out for the day, set up, poured his coffee out of the flask, then turned the camera on expecting to be there for a half day, and it was full in around 5 minutes. They never went back there, just let the traffic get on with it, sometimes if you interfere with the natural order of things you just create a problem.
From memory, he was driving like a twat - cut across the wagon, which braked hard, the rest is history. Honda Civic sticks in the mind.

I take great offence to your thread title. Military Vehicles are always Military Vehicles and not fukking Lorry's especially NOT fukkin Tank Transporters.
Image result for photo teddy bear thrown from pram

I'm off!

I'm not casting accusations, I've had a good close look at the photos.
As a Heavy Haulage driver, I'd be interested as to why the driver came off the M4, there's no weight limit on that section of the M4 (some flyovers have 100ton weight limit). At that weight all the TTs have a movement order and your not supposed to deviate off your route except in a emergency.
Back to the crash, looking at the photos, are the cones there for a set of road works shutting the nearside lane? If so, from looking at the photographs, that silver hatch has decided to come up the nearside and bully their way into the front of Truck. It's happened to me loads of time, cars coming up the blind side.
Anyway that's the way it looks...
It's a regular occurrence to see transporters (usually 6 of them) going either way along that road. The cones aren't there usually, I think they were put down by the police.

Latest Threads