THEY are now recruiting more openly

Mr H,

This has been in the TA Forum FAQ since I wrote it last year ;)

msr

The site was completely updated last week though msr
Definately worth a looksee

There's a Thread on the TA Forum aboutthe max. age for recruits being raised to 43 from April.

I wonder if this includes Them?

Hope so! :headbang:

Werewolf said:
There's a Thread on the TA Forum aboutthe max. age for recruits being raised to 43 from April.

I wonder if this includes Them?

Hope so! :headbang:
It does not (thank f*ck (no offence oldies)). The website clearly says 34.

The stuff about selection is new. Good to see part of the TA updating their websites.

Yes StabTiffy, but so do all the other websites for all the other units say a variation of 32-35 years as the 'comms plan' for the new 12 year engagement and max ages has not rolled out, even though it comes into force from 1 Apr.

Blyth_spirit said:
Yes StabTiffy, but so do all the other websites for all the other units say a variation of 32-35 years as the 'comms plan' for the new 12 year engagement and max ages has not rolled out, even though it comes into force from 1 Apr.
Fair point. I stand corrected.

I can't see them raising it though

Werewolf said:
Fcuk it, I'll just email Them and ask...

Wish me luck!
Good Luck!

(and by actually contacting them you do have a significantly higher possibility of success than those who don't contact them! :cyclopsani: )

There is a pre selection training on ebay:

phttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/British-SAS-Special-Air-Service-Selection_W0QQitemZ290096361735QQcategoryZ67580QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem