Thermal Undies

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by 1Windy1, Nov 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

I'm after some advice about base layers. Two questions really: I hear good things about Helly Hansen Lifas, and the olive green (or "Military"!) version looks about right. However they don't seem to do bottoms in that colour - does anyone know any different, and if so, where can they be purchased? Also, does anyone have any other suggestions? It's the thermal properties I'm most interested in, due to the rather nippy winter we've supposedly got coming.

Thanks very much,

Windy

2. Damart set bought in early 80's still going strong
    Unfortunately blue in colour , otherwise excellent gear

3. what's wrong with the issue bottoms, seem fine to me

4. HH Lifa stuff is really good, but costly - I just bought a long sleeve top and it was £24.99. They do a pure wool version which is really good if you will be standing still for long periods. Matalan do fleese longjohns for £6 a pop. Cheap as chips and like toast. I don't understand your requirement for them to be a tactical colour, unless you plan on showing the CO your arrse !!

5. HH now do Lifa tops in 'tactical' green and brown - not sure about the bottoms.

6. This is a very good point! I was hoping they are sold as a set, and as such would be cheaper than buying both seperately. Plus I'm a whore to fashion.

7. I really hope that was sarcastic. 8O

8. Just a small point,
    I don’t think that it matters what colour your thermals are, because you are going to be wearing them under your combats.

That is unless you wish to run about and scare small children or pretendto be a Ninja Turtle!

9. Peter Storm do good ones. Have a set of top and bottom in natty OG colour. Gave them a thorough testing (again) last weekend. Only problem is that the bottoms do not feature a two button escape hatch, design flaw in my opinion.

10. Long johns??? WTF??? Chinese fighting suit trousers (if you can get your hands on them) everytime, when you get hot, drop your keks unzip em and chuck em in your day sack, get cold, drop your kekszip them on and toastie again without every having to take your damn boots off!! Reminds me to add these to the best bit of issued kit thread!!

Word of warning, DO NOT WEAR NEAR NAKED FLAME - WOOF!

11. The new softie trousers are even better than the old chinese fighting trousers as they are over trousers .One side green one side tan .

12. Flash cnut! :wink: :lol: :lol:

13. Spent years trying to find a pair of chinese fighting trousers gave up in the end only ever found gurkha sized ones .
    Then army gave me a pairof softie trousers cheers tony :lol:

doubt i can get away with on range tommorow :(

14. 50 denier tights.
    Warm, flexible, firm support, quick drying, disposable and cheap.
    Even cheaper if you swipe a pair off the wife.

Personally I wear HH lifa in black with go faster stripes. :lol:

Chinese fighting suit, I nearly cryed when I had to hand mine in to stores. :(

15. I thought that was why u wore them....
    or am i missing the point?

T C