Theresa May hires Daily Mail editor

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Looks like PMTM does not operate the same policy as Arrse!

Theresa May 'hires Daily Mail political editor as chief spokesman'

I would have posted this in CA as news but it would probably have fallen foul of a certain Mod! :D

Interesting that Tory PMs seem to like hiring editors from newspapers to their inner circle of advisors, Cameron/Coulson, May/Slack. There definitely seems to be an attraction for hiring Spads from industry. Not too sure if this is a good thing, as it can become a bit industry-incestuous, but I suppose it is the contacts in the media that counts for much in the appointment.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I wonder how many Arrse Mods turned down the job before it was offered to Slack? :D

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Looks like PMTM does not operate the same policy as Arrse!

Theresa May 'hires Daily Mail political editor as chief spokesman'

I would have posted this in CA as news but it would probably have fallen foul of a certain Mod! :D

Interesting that Tory PMs seem to like hiring editors from newspapers to their inner circle of advisors, Cameron/Coulson, May/Slack. There definitely seems to be an attraction for hiring Spads from industry. Not too sure if this is a good thing, as it can become a bit industry-incestuous, but I suppose it is the contacts in the media that counts for much in the appointment.
They also like hiring supermarket bosses to advise on the NHS. I can fully understand running hospitals is like filling shelves.

They also like hiring supermarket bosses to advise on the NHS. I can fully understand running hospitals is like filling shelves.
Well, generally by the time you get seen by a medical practitioner your condition will have deteriorated to the point you're a cabbage, so this is actually very clever.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Growth in the retail sector has largely been driven by the excellence of the supply chain. With a world class supply chain you can get better products on the shelves cheaper. This leads to a growth in market share, which in turn lets you invest more in the supply chain.

One of the reasons behind the growth of Amazon has been the quality of their supply chain. They decided that neither the current industry methods and software were up to the job so created a new warehouse model (the fulfilment centre) and the bespoke software to run it. Which is why Amazon is a global giant.

Given that the biggest problem the NHS has is its inherent inefficiency, bringing in someone with experience of how to run large, complex systems well is not as crazy as it looks.

Wordsmith

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Growth in the retail sector has largely been driven by the excellence of the supply chain. With a world class supply chain you can get better products on the shelves cheaper. This leads to a growth in market share, which in turn lets you invest more in the supply chain.

One of the reasons behind the growth of Amazon has been the quality of their supply chain. They decided that neither the current industry methods and software were up to the job so created a new warehouse model (the fulfilment centre) and the bespoke software to run it. Which is why Amazon is a global giant.

Given that the biggest problem the NHS has is its inherent inefficiency, bringing in someone with experience of how to run large, complex systems well is not as crazy as it looks.

Wordsmith
If it's such a good plan when Mrs. Thatcher did it everything would be perfect now thanks to Sainburies.