Theresa May about to Resign?

True.

And irrelevant to my post.

The majority of the country didn't vote etc etc.

I know Farage's fluffed don't like the fact.

My bold Hmm.. really, perhaps you are Dianne Abbots sock with your grasp of figures.

Vote Leave won 51.9% of votes in the EU referendum, with a standard deviation of 10.4% across UK local authority areas. A total of 46.5 million voters were registered, and 72.2% of these turned out. Thus, 17.4 million voted for Leave and 16.1 million for Remain.

edit beaten to it by "Trans-sane".

My bold Hmm.. really, perhaps you are Dianne Abbots sock with your grasp of figures.

Vote Leave won 51.9% of votes in the EU referendum, with a standard deviation of 10.4% across UK local authority areas. A total of 46.5 million voters were registered, and 72.2% of these turned out. Thus, 17.4 million voted for Leave and 16.1 million for Remain.

edit beaten to it by "Trans-sane".

So, you're suggesting that a majority of the country voted leave?

I assume you're another one who did CSE not O level.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

No, he's suggesting that a majority of those who could be bothered to vote voted Leave.

If you're correct in your assumption then it just shows exactly what poor judgement TM has as she picked her Cabinet!

My bold going by her current actions and those whist Home secretary, I doubt if she could pick her nose successfully :-(

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer

And as I said, those who didn't vote don't count. And those that were not registered to vote were either not legally qualified to vote or if they were didn't register and therefore their voice doesn't count. That is the entire mechanism for expressing your opinion when an open referendum has been called.

And as I said, those who didn't vote don't count. And those that were not registered to vote were either not legally qualified to vote or if they were didn't register and therefore their voice doesn't count. That is the entire mechanism for expressing your opinion when an open referendum has been called.

I know; and for the record, I think we should leave as that was the result of the referendum.

I voted remain, and I still think leaving is the wrong course for the country.

My concern- one of many - is that the Brexitty elements of the Conservative party seem to think that this narrow mandate is really The Will of the People (copyright TM) and have no nuance at all in their approach.

For such a huge decision, it's a dangerous attitude.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
My bold going by her current actions and those whist Home secretary, I doubt if she could pick her nose successfully :-(
Too be fair, it is a fecking big nose.
Now getting back to this Chequers meeting tonight. If I were a member of cabinet on a Sunday I’d have had my dinner and probably sunk a bottle of claret with my roast and be snoozing away like a good one.
When was this meeting planned because she surely didn’t just spring this today did she? Did she plan it after her weekly church praying session, which has proved as fruitful as the famous spud famine when she suddenly saw the light?
I don’t buy it, it’s been planned all week, but what will be the subject matter and outcome?

Last edited:
I predict Milliband makes a return to politics and consigns the cons to ignominy for about four elections.

OK, Einstein. I assume you're not familiar with the concept of presumed consent. What it means is that those who don't vote are presumed to accept the decision of the majority who did. Ergo, the actual figure for Leave was much higher because those who didn't bother to vote were content with that result.

Olivia Newton-John, or whatever his name is, from The Scum newspaper says the supposed "coup" is a dead duck.
'Course it is, all a continued panto which this govt seem to be past masters at.

She'd have been long gone if she was going to go at all. When it came to balls on the line time last year, all the supposed fine replacements shit themselves and opted out. Mays' with us until that long extension turns into a 2nd referendum that this time they will be confident of winning (remain), and then she'll go. By then the hit job on Labour via Chuka et all will be complete and there will be no alternative to vote for.

Which one Gromit or Banana man ?
The one they should have picked the first time around, and we'd have avoided all this nonsense.

Anyway, if you think he's leaving Harvard (or where ever he is) to come back to this Maoist Jew-hating club, you must be mad. He would be too, to do so.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
May needed no assistance from the eurosceptics, she has been, and is, a complete failure in anything she has attempted since 1997.
Being an old fart I was thinking also of the previous pms who could have done without the eurosceptics

Oh look here's a man of the people, probably claiming mileage for today's jolly at Chequers

image.jpeg

Being an old fart I was thinking also of the previous pms who could have done without the eurosceptics

Oh look here's a man of the people, probably claiming mileage for today's jolly at Chequers

View attachment 384365
Who is he Skid?

Last edited: