Theresa May about to Resign?

Talking about fantastic options, Putin can be more than 'competent' in the circustances. His actual 'circumstances' are much more difficult, but he deal with it rather effective.
Bit of a tongue in cheek one there Comrade but nice to see you getting some of the nuances of British humour and you do have a point. The odious little tits in Brussels would be thinking twice about anything other than a favourable deal with the persuader that if they didn't they may accidentally chop their own heads off while shaving or be mauled to death by a tiger in a freak accident in their office.

But the downside for replacing the former incompetent Home Sec for you is you'd loose your best sleeper agent ever.....I mean it explains a lot, she destroys the Police (so the security of the country is fooked) then manages to get the top job and in a position where she can destroy everything so the biker from the Village People can take over.

Last edited:
If there is a referendum, the Tories are fcuked for a very very very long time.

PMTM have done more than make an arrse of BREXIT

How convenient that immediately after a large Remainer public protest in London wanting a second referendem a group of (Remainer) ministers start talking to the likes of Peston about Liddington (Remainer) becoming caretaker Prime Minister.

As in someone who just happens to favour a second Referendum.

And the likes of Andew Adonis start spouting wildly

Almost as if....

If there is a referendum, the Tories are fcuked for a very very very long time.

PMTM have done more than make an arrse of BREXIT
The Tories are fucked now. The only thing keeping them in power is Corbyn. If Labour put up a credible alternative in 2022, the Tories will be fucked for a decade, whether they go No Deal, Deal, Referendum, Revoke Article 50 or put y-fronts on their heads and pencils up their noses.

It needs to happen on Monday. Every second she's still in No10 is a second lost re changing direction or sorting the mess out in any other way
Personally, I'd sooner see her cling on until this entire clusterfcuk finishes on April 12th.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Will the coup happen?

Will the new caretaker keep the same cabinet?

Would any new PM feel that they are obliged to honour a manifesto of a previous PM?

Would change of PM at this stage kill brexit?

Lots of questions to be answered by Tories before anything happens.

My own view is this is being pushed by Remainers as yet another tactic to cancel brexit and overturn the result of the referendum. If May left now, then they have the initiative which would be difficult to regain by Leave. If May says she will leave in 12 April or 22 May then all that would do is give Remainers a target date to hang on till and delay, delay, delay until they can get a confirmed Remainer in No10.

If May had a real wish for Brexit then she should bang out on 29/3/19, ignoring the chance to delay until 12 April. Just do the deed and move on. However, if she wants to remain, as it is looking more and more like, all she has to do is walk away.

When all this happens and the dust has settled, well as much as it can, then the Tories need to be looking for a decent leader, able to take both sides of the Party with them. IMO not one of the Senior Cabinet fill that role.

Amber Rudd keeps getting a mention but remember she is struggling to hold her seat with a very low majority having increased in 2015 just to lose most of it in 2017. If she is struggling to keep her seat I doubt she will get No10.

Can you imagine Maggie dealing with Brexit?

The entire coast of Europe would be a giant minefield by now and central Brussels would be a radioactive bomb crater.

Juncker, Barnier, Tusk and that Irish tw@t whose name escapes me but sounds like the villain in a Harry Potter movie would all be claiming political asylum in North Korea.

Any Learjet that takes off from anywhere in Belgium would be shot down by a T45 on radar picket in the North Sea, just on the off chance that it contains some senior Eurocrats.

HM Ships Queen Elizabeth and Prince of Wales would be parked at the top of the North Sea and in the English Channel to enforce a blockade. Forget the gillet jaunes, the French would have run out of food months ago and would be eating each other by now.

BAOR would be reformed from old boys who can remember how to tie puttees and how to get the gas regulator out of an SLR.
Keep going, I'm nearly there!

What that series of twitters/tweets whatever, show is that it appears Theresa was not far wrong in not trusting her cabinet and going direct to the civil service via Oily R.
Ah yes PMTM's grand strategy of sidelining each of her Brexit ministers and getting policy and negotiations decided by a Marxist remainer

It's no wonder her cabinet don't trust her

Can you imagine Maggie dealing with Brexit?

The entire coast of Europe would be a giant minefield by now and central Brussels would be a radioactive bomb crater.

Juncker, Barnier, Tusk and that Irish tw@t whose name escapes me but sounds like the villain in a Harry Potter movie would all be claiming political asylum in North Korea.

Any Learjet that takes off from anywhere in Belgium would be shot down by a T45 on radar picket in the North Sea, just on the off chance that it contains some senior Eurocrats.

HM Ships Queen Elizabeth and Prince of Wales would be parked at the top of the North Sea and in the English Channel to enforce a blockade. Forget the gillet jaunes, the French would have run out of food months ago and would be eating each other by now.

BAOR would be reformed from old boys who can remember how to tie puttees and how to get the gas regulator out of an SLR.
My word! There's a plan the nation could unite around!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
If you're correct in your assumption then it just shows exactly what poor judgement TM has as she picked her Cabinet!
If she was allowed to actually do the picking or if it was done by Tory grandees.

I'm not sure if it makes any difference whoever gets it. They will be a caretaker until the Tories elect a new leader.

They will need to expedite thier selection process, as I don't see any caretaker as able to "govern" per se. They will only be able to hold the fort....pause the process for a few weeks.

Liddington, no matter how much he favours a second referendum, wouldn't be able to push that through without the mandate of the party.

Frankly, her stepping down cannot come soon enough for the country.