Theresa May about to Resign?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I am afraid that the Conservative Party is finished and one can only guess at the future, because of Theresa May power is slipping away, a Government that cannot govern will not last much longer.

They should have binned her after the disastrous GE when she had loser written all over her

Archie
The Conservative Party is far from finished. May however .........................

I like :rolleyes: the way early in that article it states “What happens in the whips office stays in the whips office.” then moves in to discuss in full exactly that!

Honour among theives?
True :). It's a very detailed account. It didn't seem as if what they were saying actually registered with the PM.
The situation reminds me a bit of the Germans at the end of WW2 - 'just hang on, we can still sort things out' - but no actual plan.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
True :). It's a very detailed account. It didn't seem as if what they were saying actually registered with the PM.
The situation reminds me a bit of the Germans at the end of WW2 - 'just hang on, we can still sort things out' - but no actual plan.
The Germans had Downfall in April, are we seeing UK getting Downfall in May? Pun intended obviously! :D

Agreed. She seems incapable of adapting to anything that is not her own idea.
That's the tester.

If she had remained firm and resolved and eventually parliament had come around, then she would have been a strong, determined and sagacious leader.

If she doggedly maintains her course (in spite of crossing various 'red lines' in the process) but she is repeatedly blown a raspberry, she's will be a reviled figure in British political history.

Anyone like to speculate which way it's going?

She is destroying Brexit and I am not sure it isn't on purpose.
It was absolutely crazy replacing CMD with a remainer, especially one who went on to appoint Brexit Secretaries she had every intention of undermining from Day 1.

That's the tester.

If she had remained firm and resolved and eventually parliament had come around, then she would have been a strong, determined and sagacious leader.

If she doggedly maintains her course (in spite of crossing various 'red lines' in the process) but she is repeatedly blown a raspberry, she's will be a reviled figure in British political history.

Anyone like to speculate which way it's going?

It was absolutely crazy replacing CMD with a remainer, especially one who went on to appoint Brexit Secretaries she had every intention of undermining from Day 1.
I don't think any speculation is needed at all!

I like :rolleyes: the way early in that article it states “What happens in the whips office stays in the whips office.” then moves in to discuss in full exactly that!

Honour among theives?
I don't think it's an Honour thing more likely a loyalty thing that's been stretched to the limit and beyond.

Besides, the whips office have obviously been reading ARRSE and can see which way the winds blowing :)

My bold.. indeed one has to wonder if she is being funded, as Gina Miller was, by this foundation Open Society Foundations
to betray her country?
Yep. She is so inept, I wonder whether it is by design, and who is directing/funding it.
I saw a tweet this week (can't remember who by) which read - approx - 'If you can't understand why someone is doing something, look at the impact of their actions'. In that vein, May is a wrecker of Brexit.
Edit: thanks for that link.

Yep. She is so inept, I wonder whether it is by design, and who is directing/funding it.
I saw a tweet this week (can't remember who by) which read - approx - 'If you can't understand why someone is doing something, look at the impact of their actions'. In that vein, May is a wrecker of Brexit.
Edit: thanks for that link.
jp 2.JPG

Not a tweet, an extract from this fine fellows book.

My bold.. indeed one has to wonder if she is being funded, as Gina Miller was, by this foundation Open Society Foundations
to betray her country?
The only funding PMTM gets AFAIK is from the taxpayer. Speculation that she's getting back handers from some secret squirell organisation for wrecking BREXIT are pure childish fantasy.

The basic truth is she's incompetent, and a Remoaner who is trying to achieve the wishes of the majority of the Country whilst doing as little damage as possible for those who wished to stay in the EU. In that compromise anyone is bound to fail.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The only funding PMTM gets AFAIK is from the taxpayer. Speculation that she's getting back handers from some secret squirell organisation for wrecking BREXIT are pure childish fantasy.

The basic truth is she's incompetent, and a Remoaner who is trying to achieve the wishes of the majority of the Country whilst doing as little damage as possible for those who wished to stay in the EU. In that compromise anyone is bound to fail.
That is a pretty fair analysis of where we are and why.

No real malice by PMTM, just not up to the job, a job which she made more difficult herself.

Indeed with her one deal, she is trying to keep the Remainers happy by stying as close as possible to the EU, and at the same time trying to 'honour' the referendum result by creating a deal that (honestly!) takes us out of the EU. Problem is that her deal is just not elastic enough to stretch to each end of that spectrum.
I reckon she has created a dogs dinner on purpose, so that during the transition period we'll all get thoroughly sick of it, and admit that it simply isn't doable, and go back in.

The majority of the country did not express a desire for Leaving or Remaining.

That, in a nutshell, is the poor cow's problem.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Has anyone ever had a more poisoned chalice, in British politics?
Probably not but you must admit that much of the poison was added by May herself.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

The majority of those voting did though, so stop trying to bring that bit of trolling back.

The majority of those voting did though, so stop trying to bring that bit of trolling back.

Although I admit I like a bit of fun 'n games on the topic, it's a serious point.

A vote that close on something so serious... c'mon.

I recall the Conservatives pushing for a Trade Union rule set that would have outlawed strikes by public sector workers on the terms of the Referendum.

To see them all po-faced about the "will of the People" after that leaves a nasty taste.

Any reasonable person would say the same; yes, I'm Commie scum but I'm relatively stable; this mess needs sorting out, entrenched positions with no flank support are doomed to failure.

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer

If someone does not vote, then their opinion is quite simply worth three fifths of the square root of **** all. Voting is not difficult, therefore by not voting you are declaring you have no interest. Moaning after the event when you have declared no interest makes you a **** (generic you, not specific to you you...)