Theresa May about to Resign?

I hope the worm is turning in constituency associations across the country.
Seems improbable: they would likely be headed up by just the sort of people who think the voters are best represented by the likes of [insert Tory creep of choice here], hence the disconnect.

I am leaning towards a conviction that the sort of people who devote so much of their lives to taking charge are by and large absolutely the wrong sort of people to have at the helm. PMTM is fair and square in that classification.

Last edited:
Our local MP has stated he won't be standing in the constituency at the next GE. He's alienated his constituents because he's ignored the constituency's Referendum vote to leave. I suspect he knows the prospects of being re-elected are very marginal.

I wonder how many other MPs are now starting to think that way.

Our local MP has stated he won't be standing in the constituency at the next GE. He's alienated his constituents because he's ignored the constituency's Referendum vote to leave. I suspect he knows the prospects of being re-elected are very marginal.

Good, hopefully many others will follow, the arrogant knobs.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I can’t see Theresa May resigning her MP ship. For those of you trumpeting her immediate demise, you’ve been wrong since the day and hour she arrived.
I dont think she’ll mind resigning, having sorted out a nice title and sinecure in the Lords.

I don’t see anyone stepping up to be the Conservative leader who takes us out of Europe. Especially none of the rabid brexiters.

But at least Farages Tragical Misey tour has a bit of extra time to make it to the city of London.

Is the rally still on?
Dinner in the Ritz still a goer?

At the rate she's going she will kick the can down the road to the next election and it really will be someone elses extension

Where is she going to get a majority to push her deal through?

What happens if parliament still dithers at the end of the next leave date, she's failed to win a meaningful vote on her deal, will the EU allow her to kick the can a bit further and their posturing over the EU elections turns out to be genuine

One thing is for sure; she's destroying the Con party. I'm hearing a lot of people who've voted for them for 40 years saying they'll never do so again and their vote will now go to an independent or Brexit party candidate or equivalent.

And that's in staunch blue rosette territory.

I expect the electorate are going to give them an almighty kicking at the local elections on 2nd May, especially if she gets her rotten withdrawal agreement through.

ugly

LE

Mine is the opposite, resigned the lib dem whip to support Brexit as its wat we voted for but is dead set against no deal, admire him as I do just a little I wont be voting for him or the Tory candidate either. This may be my first spoiled vote!

she is taking her time over this, quadruple her salary in the city for 3 days a week

I think what we have essentially is still a Blairite government - still in the grip of "yoof" and "kool Brittania". Embracing social "meedya" and virtue-signalling. I don't think that's what the electorate really wants but - many are still loathe to be seen expressing the "wrong opinion".
Parliament needs a cleanout. There are now a few generations of people within the establishment who are only interested in holding onto power, or ensuring a fluffy landing should they lose it -with the interests of the electorate way down their list of priorities.

Edit- the majority (of the actual few) I know who are against Brexit are mainly so because- they see it as xenophobic (!) and by extension - to be supportive of Brexit would make one a racist.

Last edited:

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
And if "none of the above" gets more than any other candidate the poll is rescheduled but none of the original candidates can stand?
I like that. Lots and lots.

Out of interest, which party are we talking about?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I think what we have essentially is still a Blairite government - still in the grip of "yoof" and "kool Brittania". Embracing social "meedya" and virtue-signalling. I don't think that's what the electorate really wants but - many are still loathe to be seen expressing the "wrong opinion".
Parliament needs a cleanout. There are now a few generations of people within the establishment who are only interested in holding onto power, or ensuring a fluffy landing should they lose it -with the interests of the electorate way down their list of priorities.

Edit- the majority (of the actual few) I know who are against Brexit are mainly so because- they see it as xenophobic (!) and by extension - to be supportive of Brexit would make one a racist.
At least Blair was a reasonably successful 3 term leader. (I’m discounting the foreign excursion bits)
In today’s Osborne paper
Stop seeking the Brexit Holy Grail and we might just resolve this mess

You know you’re in trouble when he starts talking sense