Theresa May about to Resign?

To be honest I don’t think you would be capable of doing much of what she has already achieved and done.
Well I can only speak for myself but:

I wouldn’t have called a snap election wasting time that should have been used to plan for Brexit.

I wouldn’t have instigated Article 50 without at least a years worth of planning and risk assessment for the various possible outcomes.

I wouldn’t have appointed Remainers in any of the key roles required to negotiate with the EU.

I wouldn’t secretly sideline my cabinet ministers and cook up an agreement with an unelected civil servant.

I wouldn’t have agreed to the EUs ridiculous timetable and order of negotiations.

Well I can only speak for myself but:

I wouldn’t have called a snap election wasting time that should have been used to plan for Brexit.

I wouldn’t have instigated Article 50 without at least a years worth of planning and risk assessment for the various possible outcomes.

I wouldn’t have appointed Remainers in any of the key roles required to negotiate with the EU.

I wouldn’t secretly sideline my cabinet ministers and cook up an agreement with an unelected civil servant.

I wouldn’t have agreed to the EUs ridiculous timetable and order of negotiations.
Which is why I think this whole thing may have been a stitch up right from the off.

The only missing part is how they thought they could pull it off without pissing off a large slice of the electorate.

I, nor any of us here, were in possession of any of the facts that TM the PM was at the time that she made those decisions.

It is very easy to quarter back from the sidelines, that is just one of the points I am making.

I do not presume to try to determine how to navigate the complexities that have undoubtedly been her lot during this period, and am somewhat in ‘awe???’ of some of the opinions, that come out is some of the threads in the entertaining forum we inhabit.

Nor am I in any way able to judge the ‘integrity’ of a self proclaiming ‘Arser’!

Someone has to do it given the system we have to run the country.

I, nor any of us here, were in possession of any of the facts that TM the PM was at the time that she made those decisions.

It is very easy to quarter back from the sidelines, that is just one of the points I am making.

I do not presume to try to determine how to navigate the complexities that have undoubtedly been her lot during this period, and am somewhat in ‘awe???’ of some of the opinions, that come out is some of the threads in the entertaining forum we inhabit.

Nor am I in any way able to judge the ‘integrity’ of a self proclaiming ‘Arser’!

Someones has to do it given the system we have to run the country.
Someone does indeed have to do it.

There was no requirement to do it in such a crack handed, tin eared, incompetent, divisive and under handed manner.

And those up here in the NE who actually did in large numbers are being ignored by their MPs who, like mine, know much better what us proles want.
I do wonder what proportion of the 17.4 million found that their MP has obstructed the Brexit they wanted in the Referendum.

I know which way mine has voted, and at the next GE will vote accordingly.
I no longer give a toss which Party an MP is from as long as HoC has a far higher proportion of Brexit support next time.

Someone has to do it given the system we have to run the country.
Quite simply, the majority of the UK voted to Leave the EU. PMTM, because of the wording of the referendum, had nothing other to do except Leave. If the EU wanted to negotiate on the trade post Brexit then PMTM should have entered into that and not into a negotiation on how to Leave.

I do wonder what proportion of the 17.4 million found that their MP has obstructed the Brexit they wanted in the Referendum.

I know which way mine has voted, and at the next GE will vote accordingly.
I no longer give a toss which Party an MP is from as long as HoC has a far higher proportion of Brexit support next time.
What do you mean by "next time"?

I haven't met a politician since Ian Gow who didn't fit that description, I like Boris, he certainly wasn't a bad mayor and doesn't often get the chance to do his best!
He's been Foreign Secretary and was effectively the head of the Leave Campaign. What more does he have to be or position he has to hold to be given his 'chance'?

He's an oaf or a bloke playing the oaf for the crowd. Either way, popular he may be (in a funny comedic way - Everybody loves the Court Jester), but the reality is he's a self-serving, flip-flopping shagger, who's own ego is his biggest enemy.

This is the third time I've quoted this post by @Victorian_Major from 2017. it's still relevant

Victorian_Major said:
Follow my logic...

• If Boris isn't a buffoon then he's made a conscious decision to act like one.
  • It's worked so far in lesser-jobs like MoL.
  • If he aspires to high office then he has to either:
  • A: Be a buffoon on the international stage in high office where 'buffoon' often translates to 'cnut.'
  • B: Stop being a buffoon.
  • If A then he's doomed because the electorate will tire of someone who isn't a buffoon playing the buffoon whilst representing them. If B then a newly non-buffoon Boris will lack authenticity to people who quite like people to be like they appear to be. We hate chameleon politicians.
  • Under a or b he's doomed.
  • How clever is that?
I think he's a charming idiot.

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/boris-the-mp.217376/#post-5903232

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Could you have done better?

I am not happy with what she has achieved. I am prepared to believe that she has tried her utmost in a very difficult set of circumstances to do what she could in her position. And for that alone I do respect her.

To be honest I don’t think you would be capable of doing much of what she has already achieved and done.

With the country as divide as it was, and the slim majority that the leave vote won, it was going to be a very hard job to leave the EU for any leader to pull off and the shadow PM couldn’t pull the skin of a rice pudding. It was very definitely a poisoned chalice.

We voted out by a democratic poll, we declare we are a democracy, lets just get on with it.
I'd hardly call a million plus people a slim majority, it's larger than most constituencies in the UK. IMO, she hasn't tried that hard, if she had, we'd have had a new Cabinet by now as the present one seems to be able to threaten and get away with it. If she had any backbone at all, we'd have already left, especially as the EU have already stated, on numerous occasions, there's nothing left to negotiate.