There's still a bit of depth in the national gene pool

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by FORMER_FYRDMAN, Feb 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  3. You could suck the happiness out of a bag of crisps you could.

• Like Like x 2
  4. What flavour crisps contain happiness?

5. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

I hope you're not asking that question in a French accent.

• Like Like x 3
  6. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Marmite!

7. Happiness is yeast flavoured! I suspected as much during my extensive experimentations with beer.

8. do zey sell crisps of ze flavour of ze elderberraaayyyyy?

ahem. back to the thread which is worthy of gravitas.

[h=2]The family of a Second World War hero forced to sell his medals to pay his care home fees today turned down offers of donations because they believe others are more in need of such help.[/h]

9. This man would have been in his early twenties (about 22/23 perhaps) when he reached the rank of Wing Commander!
    This was a lot of responsibility for one so young, particularly when even at that young age one of his tasks was to write to the families of the casualties under his command.

I consider myself privileged to have had one of the "few" as my headmaster in the late 1940's. He had received only six months training as a teacher - but was far beyond and above the principles and theories of modern education. He of course did not elaborate on his wartime experiences.

He died of a heart attack some few years after his retirement. He cost the State little to keep. But I believe he had the same principles as Wing Commander Burbridge and his family. His wife had also served.

We do not make many like that nowadays.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm on 1700 calories a day so all of them.

11. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Marmite is made from the peelings of the smegma of lucifer's rather useless and uninteresting demons.

• Like Like x 2