Theres hope for the country yet

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by msr, Oct 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. Fear her terrible glory! All shall worship and despair!
  3. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

You lot either have short memories or were too young to have served in the armed forces whilst Mrs Thatcher's gang of fools sold off the assets, closed the military hospitals, disbanded regiments and presented us with a South American war that had to be fought with poor kit and a broken aircraft carrier.
  4. The picture may conjure warm fuzzy feelings,and 'call me Dave' may be making some half intresting noise atm,but do you really think he will deliver?

Politico's have traditionally been a vortex of integrity in our society,but ZANU NL have set a new low which,I fear,the tories are under no obligation to rectify.

I will be a little more upbeat when I have a EU referendum polling card in my hand.
  5. msr

msr LE

And you must have been slipping into senile diddery dodderiness for the last 11 years :)
  6. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

I wouldn't deny it, young Padwan.

Between falling asleep in my chair and smelling of cabbage I have noticed that nasty little lawyer, his box mouthed spouse and his one eyed apprentice right royaly bu88ering up our human rights and starting wars but I also remember Queen Maggie for what she friend of the armed forces if it cost a penny in tax.
  7. Great. Millions on the dole again. That'll really help those traditionally Tory values of self-reliance, property ownership and low taxation.

Shoot her, burn the corpse and sprinkle holy-water on the ashes. Then the Conservatives might be again the 'natural party of Government', rather than just a different bunch of spivs replacing poor and feckless with rich and feckless at draining the public purse.
  8. MiB so she presented us with a South American war did she? Nothing to do with:

1. An agressive military junta in government in Argentia.
    2. An Argentine economy that was going down hill.
    3. An invasion of British territory by Argenine troops.
    4. The desire of British subjects not to be surrendered to a murderous South American military dictatorship.
  9. Nice to see when Dave's not rolling out his disabled son he's got a woman with advanced dementia to fill in the gaps... :twisted:
  10. All of which doesn't get away from the fact that she happily dismantled this nation and sowed the seeds of disunity and greed, the results of which are - oh yes - coming home to roost right about now.

She famous for saying "there is no such thing as society". Only because she made it that way.

I dislike her and her cronies, I hate Labour and theirs. The Lib dems are pointless, lets have a revolution.
  11. msr

msr LE

I think we have gone through a period when too many children and people have been given to understand "I have a problem, it is the Government's job to cope with it!" or "I have a problem, I will go and get a grant to cope with it!" "I am homeless, the Government must house me!" and so they are casting their problems on society and who is society? There is no such thing! There are individual men and women and there are families and no government can do anything except through people and people look to themselves first. It is our duty to look after ourselves and then also to help look after our neighbour and life is a reciprocal business and people have got the entitlements too much in mind without the obligations..

I think she was right.

12. Well, they can't do much worse can they? Or maybe we can make things like they were when some of these old men posting here were young eh, such mighty leaders as Harold 'Communist Traitor' Wilson, Sailor Ted or that fcukwit Jim Callaghan? Another winter of discontent, that'll solve our problems! Perhaps the economy'll work better if we go back to subsidising massively inefficient nationalised industries Or perhaps we'll be freer and better off if we go back to placing massive power in the hands of ideologically driven trade unions that can hold the whole country to ransom without a democratic mandate? would you have preferred if she said on the Falklands 'Nah, its alright, commit an act of aggression against British territory and you can get away with it?', if this country had refused to stand up to aggression even if the Armed Forces weren't in a perfect state (which had as much to do with the Callaghan govt's failing as the Thatcher govt-and all the Nott defense cuts were reversed post falklands), we wouldn't have stood up to napoleon, the Kaiser or Hitler...

She fcuking saved this country, even if a lot of lefty miners had to take the pain, they shouldn't have followed thier fcuking commie union leaders so blindly, the mugs...
  13. At least 'Dave' has said he will support the military, unlike this current shower who have lied though their teeth and back again, whilst all the time squandering the countries riches to buy votes.
  14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Fought a war against agressors unlike the current spivs and cyclops!