There is an afterlife

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Lizardo, Nov 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Moral soldering is pretty hard to come by, however I spent 6 months of last year training and supervising (ie leading) military gendemarie in a south east asian country in the fight against illegal logging and poaching on behalf of a large US conservation NGO. Cant give any names away because of contract obligations but for all you ex squadds it is the way forward . Tried to recruit some ex pals last year but the money didnt compete with stagging on in the sun but if you want excitement try being in the middle of a jungle with no comms in a firefight unarmed(some times!) and getting the men to push forward in a different language SPOT ON!!! Seriously we all know the planet is in shit state and british ex soldiers are very much in demand to help out . Worked with ex legion ( good bloke but to be fair as good as any infantry squad ) and some isreali ex special forces ( I cant put in to words how poor they where ) Jobs are easy to come by money is realy good in each host country and when you spend a bit of time there you wont want to come back AND YOU GET TO SOLDIER FOR A PRETTY GOOOD REASON!!!
  2. Are you recruiting?
  3. no im not mate had to come back because me and the missus ( she worked for another ngo ) had ankle biter only just signed up on arrse and thought id spread the gospel !! not a tree hugger but when you hear a chainsaw in your AO get pretty pissed off!! still have contacts though if interested
  4. hello m3347,
    ive been working in the sandbox the last 2 years now im looking for something different i know you cant say anything on the open forum but if you have any info pm me cheers