There is a God - Big Brother Axed!

Nature abhors a vacuum so the eejit space needs to be filled. Something even worse will be along soon.
I'm hoping for something like;

Celebrity trench warfare

Dancing on fire

Russian tourist perfume roulette

My TV comes with a small black box with assorted buttons on it.
One of the buttons is marked 1/0 and it has the miraculous effect of turning the box off.
One of the other buttons is a rocker thingy marked "Prog" that changes the channel.
I make frequent use of both.

Best news I've read all week.:sunny:Hopefully no other channel will pick up the dross, though I'm sure the assorted chavs and Z-list 'celebs' will find enough other reality 'entertainment' to go to.:boogie:

'Channel 5 has confirmed that the new series of Big Brother will be its last.

'A tweet teasing tonight’s big launch has announced that this will be the final series – of both civilian and celebrity – of the long-running reality show.

'The attached video read: ‘It’s time for this game to end. Game over.’

'Channel 5 said: ‘The forthcoming series of Big Brother will be the last – of either celebrity or civilian versions – on Channel 5. We’d like to thank Endemol and all of the production team who have worked tirelessly to make the show a success.'

Big Brother axed as final series confirmed by Channel 5 | Metro News
Why? Does it really matter if something's on the tele or not? You can always switch channels if you don't like it.

My TV comes with a small black box with assorted buttons on it.
One of the buttons is marked 1/0 and it has the miraculous effect of turning the box off.
One of the other buttons is a rocker thingy marked "Prog" that changes the channel.
I make frequent use of both.
an excellent feature, the only trouble is the programme itself keeps leaking into other programmes such as the news. I found I had to shoot the TV, burn it and then bury it's ashes. It's terribly bad for the environment

How will Kiss-&-Tale prozzies, pretty 'wife's of' and washed-up US actors/models get any more airtime?

Also, will the queue to eat Kangaroo bollocks and showering in your skimpy bikini hoping no one is watching, get bigger now?

Bet that chubby 'model' who got kidnapped by that wacko in Italy is glad she caught this last one

Anyway, I would replace this shite with Celebrity Gulag, and show it on ITV7+1 at 3am on a Tuesday. That'll learn them!
Running man celebs

an excellent feature, the only trouble is the programme itself keeps leaking into other programmes such as the news. I found I had to shoot the TV, burn it and then bury it's ashes. It's terribly bad for the environment
When that happens I may, of course, resort to posting on arrse and the satisfying pastime of "Bugsy Baiting".
Otherwise I have an excellent stereo with several hundred CDs and a box of DVDs. Even better to sit in the man cave with a good book and a bottle of whisky.

Best news I've read all week.:sunny:Hopefully no other channel will pick up the dross, though I'm sure the assorted chavs and Z-list 'celebs' will find enough other reality 'entertainment' to go to.:boogie:

'Channel 5 has confirmed that the new series of Big Brother will be its last.

'A tweet teasing tonight’s big launch has announced that this will be the final series – of both civilian and celebrity – of the long-running reality show.

'The attached video read: ‘It’s time for this game to end. Game over.’

'Channel 5 said: ‘The forthcoming series of Big Brother will be the last – of either celebrity or civilian versions – on Channel 5. We’d like to thank Endemol and all of the production team who have worked tirelessly to make the show a success.'

Big Brother axed as final series confirmed by Channel 5 | Metro News
If there was a god, perhaps it wouldn't have been made in the first place?

When that happens I may, of course, resort to posting on arrse and the satisfying pastime of "Bugsy Baiting".
Otherwise I have an excellent stereo with several hundred CDs and a box of DVDs. Even better to sit in the man cave with a good book and a bottle of whisky.
Once I move house (if only the solicitors would get a move on) I'll have a brick garage (and inspection pit) with attached workshop. This will be my refuge from terrible TV (although nobody in the family watches any version of BB)

Why? Does it really matter if something's on the tele or not? You can always switch channels if you don't like it.
The danger being someone else in your household being addicted to celebrities dancing/ice skating/making cakes/doing something in the jungle or worse still, soap operas. :eek:

There was a time in my life where my then beloved would do all 3 Emmerdale, EastEnders & Coronation Street. Some nights they'd be on one after the other. :frustrated:

Yep, never watched it (but never needed to because of the saturation TV advertising and the amount of print and electronic media stories dealing with the apparently fascinating people who are its contestants).

This is not good news - the whole point of Big Brother, I'm a Celebrity.. and all the others, is that the ******* are collected in place, out of harms way. This now means there is more chance of us mortals bumping into one of these 'celebrities' opening a new laundromat or whatever whilst we go about our mundane lives.

The original format for Big Brother was to gather 30 or so s'lebs, lock them up in a house and leave them there for a couple of months. The key to the process being that you don't actually film them at all.
When they finally emerge from the BB house the public can't remember who the feck they are.
Result: they are no longer celebrities.
Have you any experiences of working with these types, and if so, what are they?

Last one ever? Pfft. It'll be back in a year or two "by popular demand". Thank **** for the off button.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SkippedOnce The Intelligence Cell 14
Sixty Films, Music and All Things Artsy 64
Ecosse The NAAFI Bar 179