Then and now photos

There doesn't seem to be a thread on this so I thought I'd start the ball rolling with a couple of pictures from home. A mate of mine sent me this old b&w photo asking if I could pinpoint the field. It took all of about two seconds as it's the field opposite my house! I went out this morning and took a picture of the same view and then his nephew put the two together (using some dark juju that I don't understand). The original Lulworth Camp in 1912 and the same view this morning. Not a great deal has changed, though obviously Neddy has long since moved on.

Edited to add the original picture I took this morning.

received_675661736595478.jpeg

_20200331_202157.JPG

20200331_172458.jpg

Last edited:
There doesn't seem to be a thread on this so I thought I'd start the ball rolling with a couple of pictures from home. A mate of mine sent me the original b&w photo asking if I could pinpoint the field. It took all of about two seconds as it's the field opposite my house! I went out this morning and took a picture of the same view and his nephew put the two together (using some dark juju that I don't understand). The original Lulworth Camp in 1912 and the same view this morning. Not a great deal has changed, though obviously Neddy has long since moved on.

View attachment 461516

View attachment 461518
If anyone can shed light on the juju I for one would be interested.

Apparently it's a phone app called incollage.
Some links for phone and Windows.

For phones
Collage Maker - inCollage

For Windows
PhotoPad Image Editor free to use at home
Photo Joiner - free online image editor

Get the metal detector out, I doubt the camp looked that neat when they moved off!
We're already looking into that. It's mostly used for grazing and as the overflow car park for the hordes of grockles visiting Durdle Door. With the entire country on lockdown now would be the ideal time!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
We're already looking into that. It's mostly used for grazing and as the overflow car park for the hordes of grockles visiting Durdle Door. With the entire country on lockdown now would be the ideal time!
Best along the hedgerow to the right of the camp in that picture?

I found this the other day. It references war time activity in Hoy on the Orkney Islands.

Best along the hedgerow to the right of the camp in that picture?
I agree. Looks like a mess tent. Close in to the hedge is the least likely to have been disturbed by ploughing too.

Latest Threads