Themski

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Grumblegrunt, Oct 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

2. I'm 6 minutes into the video and haven't seen anyone eat a frog, or snake, smash a cinderblock with his head, or do an upside-down backwards somersault while throwing an axe at a target. This is obviously bollocks.

• Like Like x 2
  3. One of the things that struck me about this show, was its total "otherness" from documentaries I've seen produced in the US or UK. Almost no expository dialogue, no back and forth interviews, almost no meaningful dialogue at all, save for a few "operators" talking about sacrifice for the Motherland, etc.

This was just one half hour long, sexified, Spetznaz recruiting poster, along with a bunch of more or less unlikely scripted "firefights" in training where all the uberwarriors slaughter the bad guys with no casualties, all while taking no advantage of cover or concealment. Maybe Spetznaz are all that and a bag of chips, but the show producers are a bunch of no talent assclowns.

4. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I wondered as there are only 10 of them whether it was an ad for the russian version of THE UNIT.