Theme Question - Vote please

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Jul 24, 2006.

?
  1. The really white one

27.9%
  2. Old ARRSE (blue / black)

20.7%
  3. Navy Blue / White

9.9%
  4. Desert Cam

33.3%
  5. I would prefer something different (see below)

8.1%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I'd like to have 2, max 3 themes for the site, all the same format for ease of maintenance. The current ones are definitely due for renewal and are held together with bodge tape.

The very white one is something people have asked for for ages - something that's not as obvious at work.

They're not finished, but a bit of feedback would be good before I do more work on them. Other ideas (link to another suitably good looking forum perhaps?) gratefully received.

(the desert cam one, unfinished, is currently live as "Azul" in your account, preferences)

2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

3. Loving the desert cam one!

4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Must admit that I'm quite keen on fisubsilversh still

5. I like the white one for work. Not too keen on the pink stripe on the right though

6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

If change is a must then I would prefer the arrse.ctic scheme.

7. I initially thought that the totally white one was a good idea, but as soon as you click into a thread you'll get everyone's day-glo avatars and sigs anyway, so it's not really any more subtle. I don't mind which theme, I'll just continue shrinking my ARRSE window to approx 1/10 of my screen size when I'm at work!

8. If change is a must, and i cant keep the subsilver one i've got now, i'd go for the white one. I think the desert cam ones a bit naff (although i fully expect it to be really popular), only because i'm about to spend a considerable period of my life wearing it, but thats just me.

10. Navy and white, I can get away with that at work, the desert cam is a definate no-no! But hey as long as you give us a choice that will be cool.

11. Can we keep the current header?
    It looks a lot better than your new design.

I’d prefer to keep fisubsilversh to be honest.

12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

White theme won't show avatars or signatures

13. In that case the white theme gets my vote!