Them or Walts?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by -=TheGeneral=-, Jan 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Take a look at this:

This is from a topic on another forum and although it seems authentic, there are doubts about it being them . Thoughts?
  2. Yes it is"them", quite old footage, been on here numerous times!!

The guy firing the GPMG from the hip died last year in a hang gliding accident in Cyprus.
  3. As mentioned, it is THEM, and is quite old footage.
  4. Bad skills from the bloke firing the GPMG from the hip and shoulder. Very inaccurate and unnecessarily exposing himself to enemy fire. You wouldn't catch a Paratrooper doing cowboy stuff like that.
  5. 300 dead... what do you expect with 'THEM'...
  6. It is not THEM, It was an SBS operation, it was on 'Real Story' in 2003.
  7. Still awesome footage though!
  8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Yes its THEM. Subject of a very good book called 'Bloody Heroes' by Damien Lewis. It's an incredible story and well worth a read.
  9. Awesome bit of darwinism-in-action.

10. Bad skills/drills maybe, but if it's who Ronnie8781 thinks it is then he was one hell of a bloke.
    Sergeant Paul McGeogh

11. Ok, opinions needed.

Maybe because I'm listening through cacky speakers but despite all the ally bobbing up and down I'm buggred if I can hear any *incoming* fire back across the wall.

No doubt their UKSF, no doubt they have nads the size of planets, much repsect etc etc, but might they be 'giving it some' for the camera?
  12. Yes it is him.
  13. Quite old footage but it is surprising to see a gpmg being fired in a cowboy fashion by 'them' on a 2 way range....
  14. having just gone over a couple of pages, i'm intrigued. was Sgt. McGeogh awarded any yank honours for his actions? if so, which?
  15. according to bloody heroes no. the cmoh went to a SEAL who was attached to the SBS at the time. Its one hell of a good book that. the makes no mention of the CIA guy threatening to shoot anyone in fact he was if i remember this correctly leaving the room at the time the revolt started and ran back in to try and quell it.

I really recommend the book Bloody heroes and also Operation Certain Death both by Damien Lewis