Them and US.....

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Mr Happy, Sep 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Now Idon't want to turn this into a slagging but I correspond with a senior warrant officer friend in the US Army who is a pilot. When I knew him best he was flying Blackhawks around as a post-maintenance-test pilot. Fast forward a couple of years and here's his email (edited for opsec):

[​IMG] (Not his actual photograph)

Mr H "Whats that Air Force 6 and a half?"
    US Helo "Of course that would Army 6.5, but who cares when you travel in style in the King Air! One week in XXXX followed by XXXX, XXXX (MY EDIT: Eastern/Southern European locations) etc... Beats the shite out of hauling trash in helos!!"
    Mr H "what was the story behind that, you flying some Genl around?"
    US Helo "We fly anything and everything. The Gens tend to shy towards our Citation jets, but we get one or two depending on how much luggage they bring. The eastern european trip was to bring his security & commo team in to set up the hotel. We drank for 5 days and enjoyed the scenery. Lots of "scenery" walking around that fair city!""

Now I can't help but imagine that in Britfor CGS would be lucky to have a seat in economy with Nobby from the RMP carrying around a mobile phone charger (just in case) with a room booked in transit accomodation if possible...

So, do the yanks have too much money or do we have too little. I suspect the answer to both is Yes.

Which leads me to ask the next question... Do US Generals actually need private aircraft to fly them around European locations and security and commo teams to set up in 5 star hotels? Let the slagging begin.

2. Most of them tend to be in charge of rather larger land areas than ours are. Security - of course - everybody hates them, don't'ch'know. I'm sure the 5 star hotel is for the (USAF) pilots of the Citation, the General will be in Frau Miggin's B&B with the lads.

3. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Are you sure he's flying generals to meetings and not terrorist suspects to be tortured? :D

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I'm willing to guess he's not had any of that sort of pax... But then he's army and not CIA.

I think...