Thelma & Louise versus ISIS

Bad CO

Admin
Book Reviewer
I know it's the Daily Star but the suggestion that two female members of the SRR have been getting stuck into ISIS has to be newsworthy.

Obviously this is a great story but I have to say the following line made me doubt its veracity 'They are regarded as highly valuable assets by seasoned SAS troopers.' Maybe things have changed but it certainly wasn't the case during the couple of years that I spent working with them both!

Meet the lady killers: Two tough hero Brits taking down terrorists

The pair, in their mid 20s, recently had to shoot their way out of an ambush in Iraq. They are both officers in the Special Reconnaissance Regiment (SRR) and are fluent in Arabic.

The women are with the Army Defence Human Intelligence Unit and run agents in Iraq and Syria. They have been in the war-torn region for months and have established a network of spies inside Isis.

Many are local women who have agreed to report on the terrorists after meeting the two British soldiers.

Intelligence supplied by them has helped British, US and French forces to target the group’s leaders in air strikes by drones and jets.

The female soldiers have taken huge risks to develop contacts who they hope will help turn the war against the militants.

Two weeks ago the pair were involved in a shoot-out with Isis terrorists after they were “compromised” during a mission.

Their team had arranged to meet a Syrian agent on the border with Iraq.

But their car was stopped at a terrorist checkpoint and a fierce gun battle took place when the British troops realised they were about to be exposed.

The women, armed with pistols and submachine guns, had to shoot their way out of trouble alongside the SAS.

They are believed to have shot dead a number of gunmen.

The Brits escaped but their cars were riddled with automatic gunfire. A defence source said: “These women are probably the most deadly in the armed forces.

“They are extremely fit, intelligent and very professional. They handled themselves really well and have proved to be just as good as the men in every respect.

“They were really up for the fight once they were compromised.

“They are regarded as highly valuable assets by seasoned SAS troopers.”

I know it's the Daily Star but the suggestion that two female members of the SRR have been getting stuck into ISIS has to be newsworthy.

Obviously this is a great story but I have to say the following line made me doubt its veracity 'They are regarded as highly valuable assets by seasoned SAS troopers.' Maybe things have changed but it certainly wasn't the case during the couple of years that I spent working with them both!

Don't forget to feature this thread. RHIP.

D

Deleted 20555

Gosh - just in time for the whole "women serving in the infantry" thing - how awfully convenient for the MOD.

Do you think there will be medals?

A defence source said...

Both these Dorises are fit as **** and pretty ******* handy an all. The blonde one is like a scouse Angelina and the brunette is like that posh one out of spooks only not blonde.

It goes without saying that they both muff each other out when they're not slotting brown people.

Good old Daily Star

Good CO

Admin
And just in case there is a core of truth behind this story, at least my hat comes off to two soldiers (and male colleagues) who are brave enough to be "up close and personal" with IS, and no doubt doing a far better job of it that most of us could.

Good CO

Admin
The grammar in that paper is appalling - heroines surely?

depends on your personal taste in applying gender. If you would rather use the feminine form, crack on. For the vast majority of your English-speaking brethren hero works for both male and female.

DTBA

War Hero
I can imagine it now. Several bottles of house wine into a Wetherspoons lunch and the insults start flying.

Jane squares up to Rochelle, arms held out wide and chin sticking out just like in the P Company milling she was excused from.

"Wot colours t' nail salon at 'ereford?"

Silence.

Rochelle stutters, trying to remember the last fantasy story she read in the Daily Star...

"...mahogany?"

"You bluffing tart, that's the colour of the ladies changing rooms at Stirling Lines."

Read it all in Bravo, Size Zero.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Personally, given these fanatic lunatics' view on women, I think it's a thing of beauty that two of our own are playing such a major part in bringing them down.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
depends on your personal taste in applying gender. If you would rather use the feminine form, crack on. For the vast majority of your English-speaking brethren hero works for both male and female.

That'll be, "For the vast majority of your English-speaking but lazy or uneducated brethren hero works for both male and female."

Anyway, any details on what these men did ?

That'll be, "For the vast majority of your English-speaking but lazy or uneducated brethren hero works for both male and female."

Anyway, any details on what these men did ?

Erm, no. A manager is a manager regardless of their gender. No need to use -ess. Which I agree with.

So are they SRR or DHU?
I thought they were SAS.

Shite reporting as usual from the media.

Is it really that difficult to have a military SME on the books to check over this stuff before it goes to print?

Good CO

Admin

or even better:

Hero works for both male and female, except for those trying desperately to be clever.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
or even better:

Hero works for both male and female, except for those trying desperately to be clever.
Now you're just being sexist.
Heroine works for both male and female.

However as it's your site I have to agree if I want to stay.

Latest Threads