TheIronDuke admits to being "Wrong"!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Auld-Yin, Nov 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Yes folks, it has finally happened. TheIronDuke has weakened and admitted to the world at large and ARRSE in particular that, on occasion, he can be "wrong".

Something we all thought we would never see in our lifetimes I know, but there you are, in black and white, a full confession. Go here to read this dramatic fall from Grace.

2. Its monday, you're up a bit early, waiting for the corner shop to open so you can get a few bottles of cooking brandy in?

Is this the definition of a "call out thread" in interweb speak

3. In the grand scheme of things does it matter, except to some really, really dull people?

4. I was wrong once: I thought I was wrong but I was actually right.

5. Where did he admit to being wrong?

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm with goaty-reread the review several times,Clearly missing something?

7. A very timely post, S C-C is the guest speaker at the Combat Stress Remembrance lecture I am attending tomorrow. If he is selling his book I may purchase a copy!

8. Any help?

9. Hope you enjoy the lecture, FMP. I applied for tickets some weeks ago but they were sold out. Any other Arrsers going to this event??

10. Bollocks, it's 12.17. I should have saved this gem to read just before I went to bed. Should help with my insomnia.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

It's clearly a trap, A-Y. Tread very carefully and remember to look up. Everybody forgets to look up.

12. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

TheIronDuke is never wrong. How can he be - he lives on an alternative plane of reality to the rest of us. I have long thought that he is an inhabitant of Discworld and that Terry Pratchett should be classified as a non-fiction author rather than a novelist. How else would Pratchett get all the details correct without TheIronDuke advising him?

Similarly, this explains why TheIronDuke has taken up book reviews. He has booted the Orang-outang into touch and is now running the Discworld library. This means TheIronDuke has access to magic! This is a deeply worrying development. I for one am busy digging a large shelter at the bottom of my garden and laying in a two year stock of tin foil hats.

He'll never take me alive...

Wordsmith

13. Thanks and yes, I'm going with a fellow Arrser :-D

14. Ho hum.....mmmhhhh....I wonder........did I turn off the kitchen light when I left the house this morning?

15. Keep me briefed will you?