Theft of weapons from Small Arms School Corp Museum

Good comment, they must have had Bob Massingberg as defence lawyer, the Prosecution were obviously using Lt George. ;-)

Good, if the CPS have dropped the ball again they should look closely at themselves.
You're being a bit optimistic aren't you? If the CPS ever looks at itself then it's only in the mirror to admire themselves. Not my opinion, but a comment from a former investigator.

ugly

LE
You're being a bit optimistic aren't you? If the CPS ever looks at itself then it's only in the mirror to admire themselves. Not my opinion, but a comment from a former investigator.
fair one

I hope that, when this particular case is finished in court, GTA, BASC or some other organisation with legal expertise record and analyse the case - highlighting any particular points that RFD and FAC holders need to note.

Given the extremely hostile regulatory climate that RFDs in particular have to operate in, there ought to be some clarification over the issues that the police and CPS sought prosecution over in this case.

I'm thinking about provenance of weapon parts, status of current vs. obsolete military weapons, lawful disposals of parts and cast weapons from MoD, title and lawful possession of weapons and parts that have changed hands, etc.

ugly

LE
I'm thinking about provenance of weapon parts, status of current vs. obsolete military weapons, lawful disposals of parts and cast weapons from MoD, title and lawful possession of weapons and parts that have changed hands, etc.
In regard to the last item, ownership in the UK is paramount, even if seized (for public safety reasons) firearms and parts remain the property of the person who has title and can prove it.* Firearms and property seized as part of a criminal investigation (provided they can be proven to have been used for criminal purposes) fall into the category of in the van to NABIS I'm afraid.
Getting stuff back from NABIS is an untested road.
* Hence why when police seize legally held firearms in domestic disputes and eventually revoke certificates still have to release those weapons to an RFD appointed by the owner/legal rep. I have heard horror stories where weapons have been taken for "Testing" by police on a verbal assurance that the owner agreed from and RFD. This should never happen, the weapons are property and mustn't be surrendered without a warrant!