Theft of weapons from Small Arms School Corp Museum

You conveniently omitted that he was an Army Captain first.
Couple of the old fellas in my office used to work with him in TVP. He was a handy bod to have running the custody desk apparently. Didn't take any messing but sailed close to the edge on some matters of enforcement.. (probably around the time when coppers were able to clip kids round the ear and do much more to the naughty grownups). Left Newbury nick under a cloud (promote and post out). One of them hadn't seen him for a while but when he saw his photo on that news link there was a knowing nod...

Very, normally the press are crawling all over anything to do with firearms

There is something very odd about this prosecution..

I would suspect all is not as it seems!

(not me BTW!)

Last edited:
Update on the trial

A firearms dealer accused of handling weapons allegedly stolen from the Ministry of Defence by a former Army captain has been cleared.

Adrian Bull, 64, of Devizes, Wiltshire, was acquitted of three counts of handling stolen goods after a judge said there was no case to answer.

He was on trial alongside former Army captain Peter Laidler, 71, of Marcham, Oxfordshire, who faces 11 counts of theft.

Laidler, who is also a former police officer, allegedly stole rifles worth tens of thousands of pounds between 1998 and 2016

Archie

Update on the trial

A firearms dealer accused of handling weapons allegedly stolen from the Ministry of Defence by a former Army captain has been cleared.

Adrian Bull, 64, of Devizes, Wiltshire, was acquitted of three counts of handling stolen goods after a judge said there was no case to answer.

He was on trial alongside former Army captain Peter Laidler, 71, of Marcham, Oxfordshire, who faces 11 counts of theft.

Laidler, who is also a former police officer, allegedly stole rifles worth tens of thousands of pounds between 1998 and 2016

Archie

(1)A person handles stolen goods if (otherwise than in the course of the stealing) knowing or believing them to be stolen goods he dishonestly receives the goods, or dishonestly undertakes or assists in their retention, removal, disposal or realisation by or for the benefit of another person, or if he arranges to do so ...

As long as he can show that he did not know, or believe that the goods were stolen then he is golden.

I used to know Adrian some 30 years ago, he is not stupid and locally his family was well connected. He must have had some paperwork to back up his claim of innocence is the only assumption I can make.

This has all the hallmarks of an RMP/SIB/ModPlod Arrse covering exercise..

... we will see!

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
This has all the hallmarks of an RMP/SIB/ModPlod Arrse covering exercise..

... we will see!

I don't think Arrse members will be attempting to cover anything.

From Wiki - He was educated at the Liverpool Collegiate School (1939–46).[4] His ambition was to go to university to read modern languages and become a teacher. However, his father, who served as a voluntary ambulanceman during the Second World War, was killed in an air raid in 1941 and Rossiter had to support his mother. He therefore could not take up the place he had been offered at Liverpool University.[5] Instead he did his National Service as a sergeant, initially in the Intelligence Corps, then in the Army Education Corps,.

So you're probably correct. National Service and a sergeant so he must have had something.
I thought Schoolteachers in the Army Education Corps during national service days were always Sergeant and above.

I thought Schoolteachers in the Army Education Corps during national service days were always Sergeant and above.
I think so too - but that doesn't get away from the fact he must have had something about him to get where he did, even if it was teaching recruits how to read and write. National Service sergeant in the education corps must have been up there as one of the better numbers.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
It is true, the tool for removing the cover on the Rapier FSB2 Electro optical tracker was a piece of metal rod, knurled at one end with a piece of 5mm allen key welded to it. ten mins to get knocked up in welding shop..........however the bargain British Wasteospace price £98.00 IIRC

ugly

LE