Theft of Medals

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by k613, Mar 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ladies and Gents

This is a plea to all ARRSErs. I'm not sure if this is the best place to post, so mods please feel free to move.

A mate of mine has had his medals pinched whilst they were at the tailors being re-mounted (a long story which I won't go in to now). Needless to say he is gutted and is extremely keen to get them back.

They are:

Gulf 1 (with clasp)
    GSM 62 with NI Clasp
    OSM Afghanistan

His name is W*****P and his last 4 are 1743. He has been RAMC and is now AGC.

If you are offered them or see them for sale please PM me.

Many thanks all

2. Might be worth keeping an eye on EBay just in case they turn up for sale there.

Hope your mate gets his well earned medals returned.
  3. set up a standing search on e bay "notify me when similar items are listed "
  4. If no joy and he has to replace them then a top tip is to do so through the MoD medal office rather than one of the replica companies. According to my AGC(SPS) staff it'll still cost but is much much cheaper.

Good luck in catching the thieving git and recovering the medals...
  5. Best of luck in their recovery. Theiving b*****ds.
  6. If its any hope, I reunited a chap with his medals (stolen in the early 90s), last year. If they are out there they will undoubtedly surface at some time. Try placing an add on this site and for goodness sake make sure that they are reported as nicked to the police (service of civvy):

Or PM me the details and I will do it for you.

Hope it works out for your mate

7. Jonny

Many thanks for that. I have just posted a thread.

8. Best he go speak to his SSA who can get his medals re-ordered if t works rght
  9. Thieving bast*rd whoever took them, hope he/she gets their come uppance.