Theft from a 91 year old man

I have just been chatting to a 91 year old chap, served in the services in WW2 , lived a long life who recently had his wallet containing £ 400 stolen by two scumbags. Words fail me. They asked him for directions and picked his pocket. What please tell me is this world coming to. I have seen some mean things in my time but this takes the biscuit. He told me that the local Police had a whip round and replaced his money for him.At least there are some good people in this world

P

PrinceAlbert

Old fella has £400 in his wallet, that gets pick-pocketed, then the local old-bill chip for him.........

I smell something remarkably like bullshit

Nothing new sadly. Just glad they got what they wanted without feeling the need to riverdance on the poor fellow.

Edited to add, that's if this is a wind up

P

PrinceAlbert

Not a wind up, its all kosher .just been chatting to him. I am ex old bill myself . Its a sad state of affairs.
What's the odds on someone that's called "LondonExPlod" being ex-old bill??!

I can't believe Die Alte Wilhelm would ever dream of chipping in £400 to help someone that has been mugged. If indeed it ever did occur in the 1st place.

I have just been chatting to a 91 year old chap, served in the services in WW2 , lived a long life who recently had his wallet containing £ 400 stolen by two scumbags. Words fail me. They asked him for directions and picked his pocket. What please tell me is this world coming to. I have seen some mean things in my time but this takes the biscuit. He told me that the local Police had a whip round and replaced his money for him.At least there are some good people in this world
You're ex London plod and this surprises you?

Sounds like bullshit to me as there was bugger all in his pockets when I met him that day.

lol, you cynical sods, yes it did happen
Look mate, I was mugged on Waterloo station this afternoon, honest! I had £2,000 in my wallet, arrange a whip round for me will you?;P

Latest Threads