Theatre of War: Using Greek tragedies to help contemporary veterans.

An interesting podcast about Actors performing ancient Greek tragedies to US Soldiers, Veterans and their loved ones. There are a couple of aspects to this but I'm particularly intrigued with the idea that it may have served to establish a form of military covenenant as Generals and the Rank and File watched them together.

ipso_facto

War Hero
An interesting podcast about Actors performing ancient Greek tragedies to US Soldiers, Veterans and their loved ones. There are a couple of aspects to this but I'm particularly intrigued with the idea that it may have served to establish a form of military covenenant as Generals and the Rank and File watched them together.

I've seen Greek tragedies performed as in the original with actors wearing masks and it is very powerful. You are not meant to know the identity of the actors which would detract from the play.

A much more powerful exercise would be reading/enacting the Bible. It is among other things a treasure trove for the study of military strategy. It is also an interactive book which is difficult to explain for the uninitiated. However, it works its magic nevertheless.

Remember there are only 2 true covenant nations in history, Israel and America.

Latest Threads