The worth of a Warrant Officer

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by pawperso, May 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anybody tell me wether all Warrant Officers in the Signals are on the higher pay band or is there still a split between them dependent on trade? I have asked at the Pay Office but the Civvi who works in there wasn't sure. Am trying to settle an argument where I am saying that the lower paid trades jump to higher pay upon reaching the rank of WO, surely all RD posts are paid according to post and not trade as you are out of trade at the rank of WO.

2. All on High Band including RD , although whereas supervisor trades remain High Band at SSgt level, some other non-supervisors go to Low Band. Therefore they will jump onto a lower level of High Band on promotion to WO2. Also, RD is RD, independent of previous trade, so all, as I said, are on High Band.

3. They maybe out of trade, at the end of the day they are the ones that carry out "make sure" all the mundane tasks of regimental life are completed

4. Thanks for settling that one for me. Appreciated.

5. I have to contradict you, much to my dismay. I am an A/WO2 in a non-supervisory post on Telic; but as I am not RD, I am actually a SSgt supervisor, I am getting POHR for a low band WO2! Probably the only one in the RSigs. Darn!

6. I have to contradict you, much to my dismay. I am an A/WO2 in a non-supervisory post on Telic; but as I am not RD, I am actually a SSgt supervisor, I am getting POHR for a low band WO2! Probably the only one in the RSigs. Darn!

7. All non-supervisory trade SSgts are on low band.

Somebody is screwing you over mate. All our RSigs CEQs have WO2 and WO1 at high band and if you're a Supervisory trade then that's what happens. You need to have a word with someone - that's definitely not right, even if you're serving at E2. Some clerk is probably feeling really smug because they think they've found a way to screw over a Scaley because of jealousy! :(