The Worst Thing for Those in Headley Court

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Tom_Thumb, Jan 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have you ever visited or been in the Peter Longs Ward?
    Whats the worst bit?

It's not the naff days out or the food:-

It is said that the worst thing thing in being there is not having visits from units.

A note to say that if you have one of the lads/ladies in there from your unit, give them a visit.

If your a CO, a 2IC (I know that brigadiers and colonels do visit arrse alot) or are able to grant leave for those who wish to visit Healey let them.

The CinC (who visited) was not as required as the service men and womens mates.

Tom

2. I work near Headley Court and I regularly see the peeps out on a stroll with full kit in the area. At least I think it's them since I'm not aware of any TA in the area.

Visits from units can happen if the unit is good about it's people. I used to get extra time to drop in at QEMH to check on people whilst on leave and it didn't count against my annual entitlement.

3. Getting beasted by overwieght gingster munching RAF PTI's who couldn't practice what they preach useless tw@ts.

4. A few tears ago we had blokes in Headley Court suffering from a multitude of injuries. We used to arrange visits and sign them out for the day, taking them back to Aldershot for a few pints or to the cinema and drop them back off in the evening.

Our headshed was and still are extremely understanding and used to encourage it, commitments allowing.

5. I spent nearly 16 weeks on the peter long ward, I had a mate who visited me twice.

No one from my CoC visited me in any instance but the staff are absolute dogs danglers!!!

RAF PTIs are a laugh.....

6. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I know one local TA Company that often start their CFTs from the Headley Court carpark, before trolling over the Downs towards Epsom. Very scenic! It may well be them that you saw, if it was a strange bunch of REME of varying shapes, sizes, genders, ages, etc. Happens 2 or 3 times a year.

Come to think of it, several of them could well be mistaken for Soldiers undergoing rehab :)

7. Nah... can't be hammer users, they look far too fit and soldierly :)