The "worst" reserve service?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by AC_Nailz, Jan 9, 2007.

?
  1. Regiment Reserve

5.9%
  2. Any other reserve Unit

15.7%
  3. The TA

23.5%
  4. RauxAF

35.3%
  5. RNR

19.6%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all

I have been a long time lurker on the site, reading a lot of the posts and must say this is a great place to shoot the perverbial shit!

I have yet to figure out what a walt is, but I am guessing its some tit who turns up on a camping trip in full CS 95's and webbing even though the closest he has been to the army is the time he got a shoeing from a para outside a kebab van one night.

Anyway, my point, I am in the RauxAF and just wondered what you thought of all the reserve forces, there has to be an ultimate butt of the joke so who is it?

The TA? Reserve SAS? Royal Naval Reserve? Regiment Reserve? Royal Auxilary Airforce?

Look forward to your responses

2. Hmmm, what's Regiment Reserve when it's at home?

There's a lot of regiments (well, not as many as there used to be, but still a few!).

I've no personal experience of the RNR, or RauxAF, so I'll 'reserve' judgement for now.

3. (My bold) I see what you did there.

Good to see such a positive first post from someone...

4. Sorry I meant the RauxAF Regiment.

Sorry, its was a bit daft for a first post, was just trying to picture where we stand in the whole military machine that is the british armed forces.

I'll get my coat.

5. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Good idea.

6. Royal Auxiliary Air Force Regiment, are fairly bad, as Ive never heard of them.

7. I think if your looking for compliments about the RAF Regiment,particularly the aux(apart from our obvious advanced stagging on capabilities) you might be looking in th wrong place!

RAF slagging thread begins here....:)

8. bluuuuuuuuuuee job

9. Hi Bro, if you need an answer, try the figures 7630. Inevitably, with the exception of a few, the answer you ae looking for!

10. That would be the same organisation that walk Altcar (reserve forces mil-skills comp) almost every year. We even gub the RMR.

RNR get my vote, all the matlots hate them.

Do the OTC not count?

11. I'm attending an induction day with the RauxAF at BN on Jan20th (hope that's not an opsec issue). Any advice?

12. Slag off sTAbs

13. the worst has got to be the TA. did a few years in the infantry branch of this-more bulls### than I thought there would be.
    In the RAuxAF now - lightyears better & being treated like a human being is a bonus too!

14. Don't?

15. Ready and waiting! :D

Well, actually still in bed, spending your taxes on beer and fit psychology students.

But you get the idea 8)