Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The Worst Film Ever?!!

ANYTHING by the Coen Brothers, mugging off Hollywood and the viewing public for the last 20 years.

Yeah yeah, I know.... I'm not worthy, I dont "get it"... they're geniuses...etc etc.

No, Their films have become formulaic, badly shot, one dimensional, unfunny (even if they're meant to be) funny (even if they're not meant to be) only ever have the same eleven actors in and never ever ever have a satisfactory....

(roll credits)

Worst film ever ?

Probably one of those pretentious art house sh1t movies directed by Derek Jarman or Peter Greenaway that turned up on channel 4 Thursday evenings in the 1980s

I'd stick Mama Mia in the top 3 worst ever.
How women can say it's a good film is way beyond me, but I suppose they are women and it depends who has ownership of the brain cell on any particular day.

VH

One weekday afternoon I had the misfortune of sitting through the biggest load of tripe ever to grace a screen. It was supposed to be about a group of female agents aka SOE who get dropped into France in WW2 and get up to all sorts of capers only to be rescued by some american chap who is the CO of some top secret helicopter unit...they used huey cobras with no canopies fitted. It was so dire it keeps popping into my head every time a thread like this is started. I did find out the name of it a while back but because of its stupendous crapness I didn`t bother to remember it.

Be Cool.
Utter f ucking shite. Just watching John Travolta and Uma Thurman trying to recreate their dance scene from Pulp Fiction was enough to stab my eyes out with felt tip pen.

Revolver.
Surreal? No,just s hit.

Outlaw.
Ex British soldier turning vigilante leader? Sounded like my type of film.
It wasn't.

slick said:
One weekday afternoon I had the misfortune of sitting through the biggest load of tripe ever to grace a screen. It was supposed to be about a group of female agents aka SOE who get dropped into France in WW2 and get up to all sorts of capers only to be rescued by some american chap who is the CO of some top secret helicopter unit...they used huey cobras with no canopies fitted. It was so dire it keeps popping into my head every time a thread like this is started. I did find out the name of it a while back but because of its stupendous crapness I didn`t bother to remember it.
Feck me I`ve just found it again on IMDB. "The secret war of Jackies girls", absolute utter fecking b*llocks. To prove it here`s a clip on You Tube :evil:

You youngsters don't know you're born. When home video tape was invented, all the dire films that had never made it into the cinema or onto one of out three TV channels were given a new lease of life, thus introducing the masses to:-

Beach Babes From Beyond (Starring folks with the same surnames as real stars)

Biker Chicks From Zombieville (The chicks rescue blind orphans)

The Living Dead From Manchester Morgue (a cast of 2 and filmed entirely in a field)

The Beast of the Yucca Flats (Starring the big bloke out of Plan 9 From Outer Space)

Fire Maidens From Outer Space (Men land on Jupiter to find it populated by shagtastic space babes - no shagging though)

Admittedly, Paris Hilton's latest epic 'The Hottie and the Nottie' might give some of these a run for their money. I heard that critics' comments after the pre-release screening included 'My eyes. My eyes.', 'A crime against celluloid.', 'Please god make it stop.' and 'Shoot me in the face now.'.