The worst film casting ever

I am a follower of the author Lee Child and his series of Jack Reacher books (16 to date). The hero of the books is a 6' 5" 250 pound hard as nails ex military police Major who now spends his time drifting across America trying to stay out of the trouble that seems to find him at every turn.

This man is so nails that when he got shot by a .38 he was saved because the round got stuck in his pectoral muscle!! In the opening chapter of one book he has a job digging swimming pools.....by hand!!

OK however far fetched you've got the gist.

So who has been cast as this man mountain in the upcoming film version of one of the books.....Tom Cruise!! 5' 7" 150 pounds soaking wet!!

Is this one of the worst film castings of a book adaptation of all time? Or can you come up with an even worse one.

LancePrivateJones

MIA
Book Reviewer
Robert Carlyle as the man himself in Hitler: The Rise of Evil (2003).

Jimmy Saville would have been more Hitlerlike quite frankly.

There's a few more so I'll have a fink about it.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
ein volk... ein reich.... ein fuhrer....jimmy.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
how about john wayne as temugen which was actually worse than connerys ramius.

sticking with clancy then clear and present danger with dafoe as clarke. and the chavez guy didnt do it right either IMO

Attachments

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
oooh oooh the darth vader guy whose name escapes me, would have been much better with the green cross guys somerset accent.

the gobshite that shouts
wonga in the fone ads
or the buy one get on free window ad
bloke in the green curtain
all that money spent on acting lessons

John Wayne as the Roman centurion in The Greatest Story Ever Told...

Oh and Marlon Brando in The Teahouse of the August Moon, method acting his way through a Jap stereotype as bad as anything the adverts for Uncle Ben's Banzai Rice could come up with.... ahhhh soooo....

Attachments

S

syledis

I am a follower of the author Lee Child and his series of Jack Reacher books (16 to date). The hero of the books is a 6' 5" 250 pound hard as nails ex military police Major who now spends his time drifting across America trying to stay out of the trouble that seems to find him at every turn.

This man is so nails that when he got shot by a .38 he was saved because the round got stuck in his pectoral muscle!! In the opening chapter of one book he has a job digging swimming pools.....by hand!!

So who has been cast as this man mountain in the upcoming film version of one of the books.....Tom Cruise!! 5' 7" 150 pounds soaking wet!!

Is this one of the worst film castings of a book adaptation of all time? Or can you come up with an even worse one.

A cynical man might think that Tom Hanks bought the film rights so he could be in it

Jude law in enemy at the gates because the red army was full of metrosexuals.

On a slight tangent.....

Another Hitler one ; I watched Hitler: The Last Ten Days (1973) a few months ago and was expecting a pile of shit because I couldn't get my head around Sir Alec Guinness in the title role.

I am disappointed to report that Guinness did a ******* excellent job.

Lee Child is one of my favorite authors. He's also a complete whore who tried to justify Tom Cruise playing Reacher by spouting a load of shite about how Jack's size is, "Just a metaphor for the unstoppable force of his willpower and personality".

Babel Fish Translation: this film is going to be a ******* abortion. That Gay little freak is going to royally **** over the character I created and piss off millions of my fans. But since he's paying me an obscene amount of money, I'm just going to lie back and enjoy it.

Nicholas Cage as an Italian Captain? how the blinkety flip does that work?
come to think about it he was shit in everything he done.