The worst film casting ever

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by MARTOK, Jun 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am a follower of the author Lee Child and his series of Jack Reacher books (16 to date). The hero of the books is a 6' 5" 250 pound hard as nails ex military police Major who now spends his time drifting across America trying to stay out of the trouble that seems to find him at every turn.

This man is so nails that when he got shot by a .38 he was saved because the round got stuck in his pectoral muscle!! In the opening chapter of one book he has a job digging swimming pools.....by hand!!

OK however far fetched you've got the gist.

So who has been cast as this man mountain in the upcoming film version of one of the books.....Tom Cruise!! 5' 7" 150 pounds soaking wet!!

Is this one of the worst film castings of a book adaptation of all time? Or can you come up with an even worse one.

2. Robert Carlyle as the man himself in Hitler: The Rise of Evil (2003).

Jimmy Saville would have been more Hitlerlike quite frankly.

There's a few more so I'll have a fink about it.

3. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

ein volk... ein reich.... ein fuhrer....jimmy.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Grumblegrunt

how about john wayne as temugen which was actually worse than connerys ramius.

sticking with clancy then clear and present danger with dafoe as clarke. and the chavez guy didnt do it right either IMO

5. tony curtis in the black prince
    "over yonda liez de tent of my fadda"

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gosh, that's a corker that. So is this: Mickey Rooney as Mr Yinoshi....

Attached Files:

7. Grumblegrunt

oooh oooh the darth vader guy whose name escapes me, would have been much better with the green cross guys somerset accent.

• Like Like x 1
  8. the gobshite that shouts
    wonga in the fone ads
    or the buy one get on free window ad
    bloke in the green curtain
    all that money spent on acting lessons

9. Getting this walting **** to play Audie Murphy in "To Hell And Back"

[​IMG]

The mind boggles.

• Like Like x 7
  10. highlander 2
    apalling little ball of faeces

11. John Wayne as the Roman centurion in The Greatest Story Ever Told...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Oh and Marlon Brando in The Teahouse of the August Moon, method acting his way through a Jap stereotype as bad as anything the adverts for Uncle Ben's Banzai Rice could come up with.... ahhhh soooo....

Attached Files:

• tea.jpg
      tea.jpg
      File size:
      6.4 KB
      Views:
  13. bare grills in anything

14. Sylvester Stallone in Escape to Victory. Sylvester the Cat would have been more convincing and a better keeper

15. A cynical man might think that Tom Hanks bought the film rights so he could be in it