The world must really be coming to an end.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by TamH70, May 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apple, the tech company for uber geeks who have way too much money, a fixation for shiny coloured kit and a caffeine addiction that makes mine look sensible, is now worth more money than Microsoft.

Oh gods and goddesses, the iTards will never shut up now.

Tam

2. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Geeks don't buy Macs. The uneducated do. They're the technological equivalent of "bling" - shiny, useless, and only make you look cool to other similarly retarded people.

3. Fronty

Fronty Old-Salt Book Reviewer

How can you say that when the iPhone is so lovely and shiny and nice and cool?

4. Not forgetting the fact that Apple have sold over 30Million of these smartphones since last year, until it's published in Forbes (mind you thats not exactly accurate either :roll: ) i find it hard for Apple to superseed Mr Gates in the i've got more money than you game :wink:

http://www.itproportal.com/portal/news/article/2009/3/18/apple-sold-30-million-iphones-ipod-touch-launch/

Mind you that ipad looks just like a big brother version of the iphone.

5. Apple, mmmmmm. It makes my wee soldier go all hard.

6. I think Gates has spent the last 5 years or so actually giving his money away rather than raking it in.
    Apparently he has manged to give away 38 billion of his own personal fortune so he must be down to his last 100 billion or so by now. He'll be on benefits next, poor chap.

7. Hmm, the brains involved in the BBC Business News department seem to be convinced that the Apple company is worth about four billion dollars or so more than Microsoft (the company - not Bill Gates' personal wealth) as of AM today.

So, as I said,

The world must really be coming to an end.

Tam

8. The US has also made Microsoft split up and sell off some divisions IIRC, Microsoft also make a greater profit and rely mainly on software, where as apple do both.

Looks like Dell want a piece of the Ipad action as well from the news.

9. An Uber geek friend of mine installed an Apple OS on to a hacked Dell laptop. That way he gets the hardware performance of a Dell and the software performance of a Mac. It's a bit unstable but it can do some quite cool things.

10. Brighton is apprantly the apple mac user central of europe :evil:
    another reason why we are going to hell :twisted:

11. You don't need to be an uber geek to do that, surely? :)
    You can get the Android Phone OS on desktop computers, if you try hard enough 8) .

12. You have to hack the BIOS to make it work properly.

13. What a frightening thread title?

I thought that the Coalition had offered the adulterous, pea-brained, barely literate or numerate thug Prescott a job!

14. If he ever upgrades, nudge him in my direction. I can do really cool things with Dells. They perform much better after being twatted with a hammer.