The world has finally gone mad

I've just been channel surfing and alighted upon the last series of Citizen Smith (S4E1) where Wolfie and the lads are banged up after unconvincingly storming Parliament in a Scorpion tank.

At the start, there's some text inserted over the opening scenes with some guff along the lines of "dated show, may contain dated attitudes". However, some snowflake/puritan has also taken the trouble to (I assume) digitise the recording and then carefully pixellate out the girlie calendars on their cell wall. This is on Forces TV FFS.

When will the madness stop?

Just surprised they haven't done a remake with Jeremy Corbyn as Wolfie

I've just been channel surfing and alighted upon the last series of Citizen Smith (S4E1) where Wolfie and the lads are banged up after unconvincingly storming Parliament in a Scorpion tank.

At the start, there's some text inserted over the opening scenes with some guff along the lines of "dated show, may contain dated attitudes". However, some snowflake/puritan has also taken the trouble to (I assume) digitise the recording and then carefully pixellate out the girlie calendars on their cell wall. This is on Forces TV FFS.

When will the madness stop?

Did you just assume they were "girlie" calendars? You homophobe!

Calendars with tits in are like rocking horse sh*t.

Theres a few suppliers into toolmakers that are fighting the good fight.

That contemporary calendar publishers should choose to avoid nudes is one thing. That someone would go back 40 years and attempt to obscure stuff in an insignificant light entertainment show, being run on an obscure channel ought to make us all deeply afraid.

Last edited:

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
On the BBC these days:

'Blackadder is a classic comedy which reflects the broadcast standards, language and attitudes of its time. Some viewers may find this content offensive'.

^Gen.

Walter_Ego

Old-Salt
I noticed the same with Get Some In on Talking Pictures this morning, drivel about being made between 1975 and 1978 when attitudes and humour were different.
The only things I could spot that might be considered offensive were referring to a Scotch bloke as McNasty ( or similar high end wit ) and taking the Mick out of a bloke called Lilley.
Compare and contrast with an(y) episode of The Wire on Sky , no caveats at all before being subjected to a couple of characters calling each other giNgers ( anag.) none stop

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The comedy slot at 18.30 on Radio Four isn't. It's jut not funny any more.

Even comedy from just a few years back from such as Mitchell & Webb or Armstrong & Miller wouldn't get commissioned now.

Meanwhile, a cross-dressing Irishmen is the pinnacle of Christmas Day viewing.

And the BBC continues to talk about quality and diversity.

I'm relatively relaxed about the disclaimer notices. It's the fact that someone thought it was worth digitising then pixellating some tits on calendars in the background that is baffling.

I'm deeply offended by the portrayal of the Trumpton fire brigade with no black members or women firefighters

Not to mention the appalingly slows response time, driving at 4 miles an hour and singing songs on the way to an incident.

Last edited:
The comedy slot at 18.30 on Radio Four isn't. It's jut not funny any more.

Even comedy from just a few years back from such as Mitchell & Webb or Armstrong & Miller wouldn't get commissioned now.

Meanwhile, a cross-dressing Irishmen is the pinnacle of Christmas Day viewing.

And the BBC continues to talk about quality and diversity.

That's contemporary and while I think it's bollocks, it's understandable. Re-editing 40 year old TV programmes on obscure channels is something else entirely.

I'm deeply offended by the portrayal of the Trumpton fire brigade with no black members or women firefighters

Not to mention the appalingly slows response time, driving at 4 miles an hour and signing songs on the way to an incident.
Fireman Sam will shortly be rewritten to make the Welsh Ginger Norman Price some sort of Alphabetti-spaghetti outreach councillor.

Rather than a stupid little cnut.

Not to mention the appalingly slows response time, driving at 4 miles an hour and singing songs on the way to an incident.
As for Postman Pat and his black and white cat!
A propos of which, Alan Coren’s past wit must be causing his offspring, especially his tw*t of a son, some severe heartburn.
Coren on Poetry: ‘If it wasn’t for poetry, Postman Pat would have had a black and white dog’.

Latest Threads