The wishlist

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
My mother's been going on at me to clear out a load of "junk" that's cluttering up her house. Understandable really, since I moved out over 20 years ago. So rooting through the cupboards I found a big stash of old gun magazines from the 80's, ranging from the sensible Guns Review to (a very few) odd survivalist mags. Anyway, I've carted them all home with a view to sticking them on ebay and have started reading them, as you do. It seems 15 year old me took a lot of thought selecting guns from the adverts and highlighting the ones I wanted. The choices centred around a FAL of some sort, or an M14 or Garand (it's probable I wanted all three), a Mauser Broomhandle, a rather tacky looking AK-alike in .22 and a Browning Hi-Power. What were your teenage gun dreams? And to pre-empt the standard replies, there was also a stack of Playboys in the pile. But they're not for sale.

What survivalist mags have you got? I've still got my collection of SWAT from the mid 80's, minus the first few editions. When I got a de-activated UZI for my 18th birthday, I had field stripped it in seconds all thanks to the articles contained in the magazines.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
As a teenager all I really wanted was a new BMX and a sniff of Rachel C** in year 10's axe wound.

You weird gun freaks.

Dera Santa, I want an underlever "cowboy" style repeater in .45 long colt. And a pump action shotgun chambered for 12 guage 3.5 inch supermag.

When I was a teenager I wanted a Browning B25 Superposed stack-barrelled shotgun, I was understandably disappointed when I was given a Winchester .410... Nowadays I want a William & Son Sidelock 12-bore side by side, however at £46,500 plus vat this will undoubtedly remain on my wishlist. Unless there is a very generous patron/sugar daddy out there I will have to stick with my Beretta!

Seriously...Jesus I was born too late. Those replica jobs that are on the market now...Dietrich Sport Systems or whatever they call them are nearly €2.500!!!
I remember articles in magazines about the Stg 44 stating how rare they were, museums and rich private collections only. Then suddenly they were all over the shagging shop. I reckon Mr Cummings still has boxes full of them stashed in his warehouses around and about the place. Common sense really, Adolf was'nt going to build a production line to only knock out a few hundred examples of an assault rifle and then Mr Cummings went around after WW2 collecting and cleaning up stuff for the allied powers.

If you ever get a chance have a read of this. He tells a few stories about driving around europe after WW2 collecting arms from ditches, barns and warehouses:

Amazon.com: Deadly Business: Sam Cummings, Interarms, and the Arms Trade (9780393017663): Patrick Brogan, Albert Zarca: Books

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
What survivalist mags have you got? I've still got my collection of SWAT from the mid 80's, minus the first few editions. When I got a de-activated UZI for my 18th birthday, I had field stripped it in seconds all thanks to the articles contained in the magazines.
There were a couple of **** Britih ones - articles on best crossbow for a post-apocalyptic world, that sort of thing. I think even 15 year old me knew they were rubbish - there weren't many.

Latest Threads