The Wire

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
anyone else a fan here? ( I did a search and couldnt see it being covered before ) if you havent, go and get the first series at least on dvd or keep an eye out for it on telly. it's a work of genius.

maguire said:
anyone else a fan here? ( I did a search and couldnt see it being covered before ) if you havent, go and get the first series at least on dvd or keep an eye out for it on telly. it's a work of genius.
I brought the whole series 1 - 5 on ebay and its probably the best thing I've seen in ages ( except maybe the Shield ) sat down and watched it over a slack few days, excellant and it gets better all the way through, take my word for it...top show.

Have the DVD sat on the coffee table.. I haven't had a chance to start watching it yet, but was leant it by a mate... he raves about it.

Good to hear it isn't just him that rates it.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
lct, I'm just starting on the fifth. I've also got the seventh (and supposedly last) series of The Shield here on dvd as well... but I dont think I can bear to watch it right now. Vic's got to go down, hasnt he?

sh, get cracking - it's superb.

maguire said:
lct, I'm just starting on the fifth. I've also got the seventh (and supposedly last) series of The Shield here on dvd as well... but I dont think I can bear to watch it right now. Vic's got to go down, hasnt he?

sh, get cracking - it's superb.
Ah mate where dya get season seven from ...I want it badly !! won't spoil the Wire 5 for you but its the dogs b0ll0xs, best one yet, McNulty is on top form as is Marlo.
By the way am I strange wanting to give Snoop a length ?
I had a sneak on Wikipedia to see what happens in the Shield 7 and it sounds top, where dya get it....

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
'By the way am I strange wanting to give Snoop a length ?'

unless you're a dyke with a strap on cokc I dont think you're going to get your wish somehow... and yes, it's strange. she's fcuking evil.

as for s7 of the shield, it was given to me by a colleague - he d/loaded it off the net. i dont know where from though I'm afraid.

Ive borrowed season 1 and 2 off my mate have not yet watched it.Sounds good so might watch it now! Pissed!

Read the Book Homicide by the bloke that wrote the Wire. Awesome read.

Have seen series 1-3, have series 5 waiting for me and I must buy series 4. Have read Homicide. Can't recommend The Wire enough.

Have to say, from the evidence so far, McNulty is a bit of a legend when it comes to the laydeez (as does Carcetti) :twisted: