The Wild Goose.

Niamac

GCM
Always starts out as a good idea....

1581606198379.png

Have they considered how it will float for water crossings...

Climbing steep slopes or flights of stairs during Fibua...

...and getting in/out of trucks and helicopters (crab loadies might have something to say)...

...and what about taking cover when suddenly under fire...

...or reacting to an ambush...

...or pretty much any f*cking situation real soldiers might find themselves in?

Thiought not.... :roll:
Use it for a long as you can to reduce fatigue / carry more kit and accept that some will be abandoned in the field ...............a new meaning to abandoned shopping cart.

Robme

LE
aha, but mine would have a Bren gun.

everyone loves a Bren gun
Actually if you strapped a GPMG to it in the prone firing position, then you could do away with 30lbs of useless tripod. An if you haven’t carried one, then you can’t post. I must have been the only para, who was lemoned to carry the tripod and the Charlee G, not for long but long enough to draw them both out of the armoury.o_O It was the Troop Cpl, who burst out laughing which gave the game away. Got my own back on the barsteward who sent me the armoury, by filling his bergen up with sand/bricks/mud, at a Naafi break which he did carry for all of 100 yds (non of this nasty metric crap back in the day).

Last edited:

Robme

LE
הית רובינסון literally

this is more appropriate... ... מה זה לעזאזל?
Translated by Google as What the hell is this?

lert

LE
Actually if you strapped a GPMG to it in the prone firing position, then you could do away with 30lbs of useless tripod. An if you haven’t carried one, then you can’t post. I must have been the only para, who was lemoned to carry the tripod and the Charlee G, not for long but long enough to draw them both out of the armoury.o_O
Yeah, cheers dits

Robme

LE
Have to say having just listened to Joan Armatrading and the clips from the film Wild Geese, that it’s one of the better films on the subject I have seen. I particularly like the South African carrying the Black guy, the role of the Medic, obviously crafted after our own alternative lifestyle artist and the slotting of the businessman for his double dealing. Whilst I am sure there is a great film about Mad Mike Hoare, it won’t get made too many snowflakes about to meltdown. My ex-brother-in-law, was a runner on that film when he lived in SA. Ex Rhodesian, Ex South African Police, ex-nutter. Now deceased, through drinking self to death, never would admit to be related to the man but used to tease us. My dad thought the sun shone out of his arse though, and they would often get hammered together, and talk about severed ears or bits of leather.

NSP

LE
Just just got to remember add a 'ch' as in 'Loch ' every now and then when speaking it ....or that you don't pronounce the 'C' with words begging with 'Ch'....other than that, it's a piece of a Pish

Basic conversation with Ol' Natalie P

Born in Jerusalem as Netalee Herschlag...

Actually if you strapped a GPMG to it in the prone firing position, then you could do away with 30lbs of useless tripod. An if you haven’t carried one, then you can’t post. I must have been the only para, who was lemoned to carry the tripod and the Charlee G, not for long but long enough to draw them both out of the armoury.o_O It was the Troop Cpl, who burst out laughing which gave the game away. Got my own back on the barsteward who sent me the armoury, by filling his bergen up with sand/bricks/mud, at a Naafi break which he did carry for all of 100 yds (non of this nasty metric crap back in the day).
I wouldn’t need to worry about carrying it

**cough** universal carrier **cough**

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ho2331 The Intelligence Cell 113
Le_addeur_noir Tanks, planes & ships 15
D Cookery 28

Latest Threads