Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

"The Wild Geese" Trivia Q

a few more cap badges
the-wild-geese-1978-hardy-kruger-richard-burton-richard-harris-roger-bkbyge.jpg

They want gripping the lot of em, bugger me with a rag man's trumpet!

Genuine question:
What as the logic in putting some of the Para Reg blokes in brown berets ?
Does anyone know if the book clarifies this ?

I don't think logic featured in it at all. I'm going to hazard a guess that it was probably a costume dept. free for all. Incidentally, the only cap badges that were actually worn on khaki berets at the time of the film were the Foot Guards and R. Anglians (other infantry regiments continued with dark blue until the winter of 1982-3).

It’s officers in maroon, ORs in khaki.
Any snipers in the audience?

Incidentally, the jarring note in the casting of the film was always - to me - Roger Moore, whose acting credentials were, since his first days on the boards, dismal. Whichever character he attempted to portray, it turned out to be the very same one he'd learned eyebrow-perfect when he was a teenager. Having him gnashing a cigar in Wild Geese was just stupid. If only Caine, Stamp or Connery had been given it; Stamp for me:
stampterence2015_large.jpg
Bags of nastiness, and decent acting, too.

Any snipers in the audience?

Incidentally, the jarring note in the casting of the film was always - to me - Roger Moore, whose acting credentials were, since his first days on the boards, dismal. Whichever character he attempted to portray, it turned out to be the very same one he'd learned eyebrow-perfect when he was a teenager. Having him gnashing a cigar in Wild Geese was just stupid. If only Caine, Stamp or Connery had been given it; Stamp for me:
View attachment 327021 Bags of nastiness, and decent acting, too.
Excellent in The Limey. "Tell him I'm coming. Tell him I'm fucking cominngg!!!!!"