"The Wild Geese" Trivia Q

probably - Richard Harris is RGJ, Roger Moore is Irish Guards, Richard Burton is Grenadier Guards, Hardy Kruger wore Para Reg but obviousely wasn't as he was a "Saf Afrikkan" merc.

Hardy Kruger wore Para Reg but obviousely wasn't

Well he couldn't really wear his old Waffen SS cap badge. Incidently, the guy with the SAS beret was a real blade in his varied and distinguished career.

Ah .... trivia wars eh?.

Which film star of the 1920s was capturedwhile cowering in a German trench in WW1, and was taken to the US. Subsequently got small parts in films before his own series of films based on his character ?.

whiffler said:
Ah .... trivia wars eh?.

Which film star of the 1920s was capturedwhile cowering in a German trench in WW1, and was taken to the US. Subsequently got small parts in films before his own series of films based on his character ?.
I believe he was 'third dog from left' in Desert song and 'unnamed Alsatian' in the Dawn Patrol - a part he made his own...

whiffler said:
Ah .... trivia wars eh?.

That'd be Adolf.

merchantman said:
Rin Tin Tin ????
D'oh, I wondered if the cowering bit would be too much.

Another then, who was taken in Iraq then via Germany, to Palestine - where she was release to the tender mercies of a lynch mob?. No film resulted from this, which was surprising as it was obviously very political.

The-Daddy said:
probably - Richard Harris is RGJ, Roger Moore is Irish Guards, Richard Burton is Grenadier Guards, Hardy Kruger wore Para Reg but obviousely wasn't as he was a "Saf Afrikkan" merc.
I think Richard Burton was Royal Welch Fusilers (sans hackle), may be wrong but I'm pretty sure its not Grens, the bombs wrong

Gren Guards has a flaming grenade (hence name?) but could well be Welsh Fusiliers.

The SAS bloke loked the part - dodgy beret though with flaps on both sides!

what about "jesse" the darkie. his mad affro in his interview!
or the sgt major "your not falling out of a whorehouse window mr flynn"

The-Daddy said:
Gren Guards has a flaming grenade (hence name?) but could well be Welsh Fusiliers.

Reference the Wild Geese...The way they all wore their (brand new) berets makes it very hard for me to believe any of them ever did it for real. However, this is worth a look, especially the Dakota chase described at the end.

http://www.tonyearnshaw.com/archives_wildgeese2.php

The-Daddy said:

Can't find a pic but read this account

Making of The Wild Geese

The mercenary drags himself to his feet. His beret bears the cap badge of the Welsh Fusiliers. His uniform denotes his rank – that of colonel. His face is unmistakable: he is acting legend Richard Burton, and today has been a tough shoot.

Id like to see a film like this being made again.

Wild Geese 3? Well there was WG2 made in 1985, Roumoured to be crap.

I could imagine it to be like Ultimate Force, 28 Days Later or Dog Soldiers.

Howabout Ultimate Force-The Movie?.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fishsoxs The NAAFI Bar 21
DieHard Films, Music and All Things Artsy 13
the_boy_syrup The NAAFI Bar 558