The Who - Quadraphenia & More @ The O2

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Bad CO, Apr 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

We've been offered four tickets for The Who 'Quadraphenia and More' at the O2 on Saturday 15th June. They're in Block 405 Row C and have a face price of £79.75. A quick check on ticketmaster, etc reveals that similar ones are now selling for about £100 and no doubt will increase as the date approaches.

The guy offering them prefers to remain anonymous but has asked that the proceeds go to a good cause. He has suggested Veteran's Aid as they helped out one of the blokes in his unit a few years ago but would be happy with any military charity or Hols4Heroes.

So this will run as an auction with two lots of two tickets. Your bid also has to come with who you'd want the money to go to e.g

• Bad CO Pair 1 £500 - Royal British Legion
    • Good CO Pair 2 £1.50 - CO's coffee fund
    Auction opens with each pair at £10 and will close at 1900 hrs on 23 Apr 13 - in your own time, go on!

2. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

3. £150 pair two ~ Hols4Heros

4. £100 pair 1 - Veterans Aid

5. No no dont bump any more

6. 120 pair 2 veterans aid

7. Bad CO

Sorry to those in pole position but I've decided to give this another 24 hrs to see if we can do any better! After all the face value on these is £160 .....

Current bids:

• Pair 1 £150 Greyfergie - Hols4Heroes
    • Pair 2 £130 Camm1 - Hols4Heroes

8. I'd bid, but I've already got tickets. It should be an awesome gig.

9. Sorry cant afford more and travel too. Hope you get some decent bids. Had a look today and seats in block 405 are going for 220 quid each on some sites

10. Bad CO

Apologies for the delay in getting back on this but I hereby declare the winners to be:

• Pair 1 £150 Greyfergie - Hols4Heroes
    • Pair 2 £200 Camm1 - Hols4Heroes

Thanks to both of you and everyone else who bid. If you could pay Hols4Heroes by the usual methods and then send me your contact details by PM I'll get the tickets in the post.

11. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Thank you to the donor and bidders! The cash will be put to very good use - and not just for PG to buy more hamsters!

Payment details are:

Bank: Holidays4heroes
    HSBC
    Sort: 40-12-09
    Acct: 41416081

IBAN: GB29MIDL40120941416081
    Swift: MIDLGB2120G

If you’d like to use PayPal, please use shopgirl's account
    rb0@live.co.uk. She will pass the money to us. If you say it's a gift, PayPal don't take a cut.

Thank you.