The wheels on the bus have fallen off.

Speedy said:
As quoted by a spokesperson from their £1000 swivel chair and heated office.
with 32 inch plasma screen, don't forget how much was spent on those!

The MPs added: "It is clear that the current level of commitments is impacting on training.
Quite correct: We are doing more training than ever. :D

MOD said:
The MoD is keenly aware of the burdens which operations place on our people and, although the current level of operational activity is higher than planned, it is sustainable.

"Commanders are content that the armed forces can cope with the current level of military commitments.
Does anyone actually believe this palpable nonsense any more?

"The MoD's planning assumptions, on which the manning requirement is based, envisage one medium-scale and two small-scale operations at a time. "

Aren't we currently running at 2 medium-scale plus 2.5 ish small-scale (at least that's what it looks like to me :cry: )

ViroBono said:
MOD said:
The MoD is keenly aware of the burdens which operations place on our people and, although the current level of operational activity is higher than planned, it is sustainable.

"Commanders are content that the armed forces can cope with the current level of military commitments.
Does anyone actually believe this palpable nonsense any more?
I'm sure the lads who are in Afgh less than 12 months after returning from Iraq don't believe it!! :x

When they leave office they will tell the truth ala Mikey Boy!!! You never bite the hand that feeds you, and as such these people are merely writing what they are told by people clearly not in the know.....

I note that the committee spends more time on recommendations regarding "diversity" than they do to solving the current helicopter issues :x

That said, they do make plenty of other good points, so I'll let them off!