The Wheatcroft Collection

Hope you enjoyed a little peek at Kevin's collection. There is much more stuff there now included the Tiger 1, M3 Grant etc. Hopefully we will be able to have a gander at it sometime.

Found one more. What's better than a Hetzer? Two Hetzers! Looks like one still retains some original paint.

2005_1022Wheatcroft0003.JPG

@California_Tanker might have a word or two to say about the name "Hetzer". :wink:

I know, it's a made up name, but it's in general useage, so why not? :)
However, noted. I'm going to have a stern word with myself and stop all privileges for a week. That'll teach me! Lol

Last edited:
Anyone fancy building Kevin's 1:1 scale kit of parts Tiger? Maybe one for Simmerit?
Tiger

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I seem to ree a few years ago a company was producing a full scale Tiger 1 kit in mild steel with, as I recall, a diesel engine.

Having seen and heard nothing since, I'd guess it wasn't the most successful business idea ever.

That was a guy in Russia I think. Used some T55 parts I believe. I'll try to dig the vid out.

Isn't that the one that went back to the States?
well there's six Tiger one's left in the world, two in USSR, one Bovy (Trumpet!), one france, one in the US (the cut away) and one the Germans cobbled together from wreckage and fragments, so what's this one then?

well there's six Tiger one's left in the world, two in USSR, one Bovy (Trumpet!), one france, one in the US (the cut away) and one the Germans cobbled together from wreckage and fragments, so what's this one then?
Those are Kevin's parts. I dont know how much more he has.

I seem to ree a few years ago a company was producing a full scale Tiger 1 kit in mild steel with, as I recall, a diesel engine.

Having seen and heard nothing since, I'd guess it wasn't the most successful business idea ever.
Here it is. Quite impressive really.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
That was a guy in Russia I think. Used some T55 parts I believe. I'll try to dig the vid out.
A decade or more ago there was a programme about tank crews in Normandy. The presenter (may have been a comedian, don't think it was Al Murray, but could be wrong) was cabbied across The Plain in a Sherman.

They rocked up at a reenactor event in southern England somewhere and stared up at a Tiger 1 built on a T55 chassis. Very good, and the owner/commander was rightly proud of his build, claiming to be the only "working Tiger" owner in the UK. Better than the T34 chassis Tiger 1 used in Kelly's Heroes, last seen at Bovy before new Bovy was opened, alongside Tiger 131, then still being restored.

I bet he was p¡ssed off when Tiger 131 turned wheels.

Aside.

Few years ago, @Grownup_Rafbrat was hosting a table at the Bovy Christmas fair. We met beforehand so that I could dump pass on for resale a mountain of books, largely Arrse review copies. As we drove off-site, I heard a roar from round the corner. Recognising the sound I stopped and whipped out the camera. Somewhere I have a string of shots of Tiger 131 passing feet away from me.

A decade or more ago there was a programme about tank crews in Normandy. The presenter (may have been a comedian, don't think it was Al Murray, but could be wrong) was cabbied across The Plain in a Sherman.

They rocked up at a reenactor event in southern England somewhere and stared up at a Tiger 1 built on a T55 chassis. Very good, and the owner/commander was rightly proud of his build, claiming to be the only "working Tiger" owner in the UK. Better than the T34 chassis Tiger 1 used in Kelly's Heroes, last seen at Bovy before new Bovy was opened, alongside Tiger 131, then still being restored.

Aside.

Few years ago, @Grownup_Rafbrat was hosting a table at the Bovy Christmas fair. We met beforehand so that I could dump pass on for resale a mountain of books, largely Arrse review copies. As we drove off-site, I heard a roar from round the corner. Recognising the sound I stopped and whipped out the camera. Somewhere I have a string of shots of Tiger 131 passing feet away from me.
Awesome! Dig them out!

I was the gunner in a M5A1 at a show when we took on the T55 Tiger. Great fun! The gas firing hull and coax .30's were deafening!

daz

LE

Aside.

Would that of been the one where we promised Santa in a Tank......................... the Fatman turned up in an APC ..... the bastard :)

Edit...FFS, that was 2013

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Would that of been the one where we promised Santa in a Tank......................... the Fatman turned up in an APC ..... the bastard :)

Edit...FFS, that was 2013
I've found the pics on OneDrive, but sadly failed to crossload to Arrse. I'll try again later whilst sat at PC. Coincidentally, the upload date is November 2013.

Latest Threads